Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Ajith  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2021 06:52:39(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
Dear Friends,

I have recently acquired a Märklin 26573 Digital HO.

My question is how to control it ? I have a Marklin Mobile Station 3 Multi-Protocol Digital Controller 60657.

Can the mobile station control it ? Will the mobile station detect the 26573 automatically considering the 26573 is an old model ? Or I need to program the loco manually ?

Sorry, my question might sound too simple BigGrin

Thank you everyone is advance.

Cheers,

Ajith
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ajith
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 30 August 2021 08:59:34(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Ajith Go to Quoted Post
Can the mobile station control it?
What you have is MS2, not MS3. It surely can control that set. Just add it from database and select 26573. You may have to change the address if the loco no longer has its default address.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Ajith  
#3 Posted : 30 August 2021 16:30:51(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
Can the mobile station control it?
What you have is MS2, not MS3. It surely can control that set. Just add it from database and select 26573. You may have to change the address if the loco no longer has its default address.

Thank you for your commend. What I have is marklin 60657 controller.

The protocol is MM2 ? Address seems to be 3.

No luck on getting it run through 🙁
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 30 August 2021 16:58:01(UTC)
H0

The protocol is MM2?
Maybe protocol is MM, not MM2.

Address seems to be 3.
Three is the default address set at the factory. I don't have the manual for that loco, but if the decoder has DIP switches, check which address is set on the decoder.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Ajith  
#5 Posted : 31 August 2021 07:00:39(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
The protocol is MM2?
Maybe protocol is MM, not MM2.

In the controller it is showing as MM2. Also when I use the option to locate the loco in the controller, the controller searches for the local in all protocols. When it comes to MM2, I can see the loco lights comes on and off. So it should be MM or MM2 !! That is for sure

Address seems to be 3.
Three is the default address set at the factory. I don't have the manual for that loco, but if the decoder has DIP switches, check which address is set on the decoder.

I located the DIP switch, thank you for the advice. I saw the address was something other than 3. I changed it to address 8 and put the address 8 in the controller. I could also see the loco file in the controller, I have selected that.

But the loco doesn't move or the lights doesn't come on.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 31 August 2021 08:07:18(UTC)
H0

I assume the loco is so old that polarity of the track signal matters.
Make sure the red wire is connected to the centre-rail (connector B), while the brown wire must connect to the outer-rail (connector 0).

The DIP switches may be oxidized. It can help to move each switch to and fro a few times to clean them before setting address 8 again. Maybe try a few different addresses.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Ajith  
#7 Posted : 31 August 2021 11:40:22(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
Make sure the red wire is connected to the centre-rail (connector B), while the brown wire must connect to the outer-rail (connector 0).

Checked and the wires are connected to the right rail :)

The DIP switches may be oxidized. It can help to move each switch to and fro a few times to clean them before setting address 8 again. Maybe try a few different addresses.

Done !

I also cleaned the wheels with rubbing alcohol and the news is, the loco runs as soon as I put them on the track and power up the controller !! But absolutely no control from the controller Confused

Address is kept at 8, added the loco from the data file and the moment I release the 'stop' button, loco shoots off ! Not sure it is reading the address also !

I am glad the motor is working but feel the decoder is not working.

Are these decoders still available ? or I might go with one of the latest gen decoders.

Appreciate all your assistance.
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 31 August 2021 11:44:22(UTC)
H0

the loco runs as soon as I put them on the track and power up the controller !! But absolutely no control from the controller Confused
The loco runs off in analogue mode.
Make sure red and brown are not swapped. Try different addresses.
But maybe the decoder is defective after such a long time. Replacing the decoder requires soldering, there is no plug-in solution.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#9 Posted : 31 August 2021 15:28:19(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Done !

I also cleaned the wheels with rubbing alcohol and the news is, the loco runs as soon as I put them on the track and power up the controller !! But absolutely no control from the controller Confused

Address is kept at 8, added the loco from the data file and the moment I release the 'stop' button, loco shoots off ! Not sure it is reading the address also !

Are these decoders still available ? or I might go with one of the latest gen decoders.

Do you mean you have set switch 8 on, or is it address 8 from the table in the instruction book?

The switches do not use binary addressing like you may think. You must refer to the table in the handbook to select the correct switch combination.

Also note that certain switch combinations will result in a short circuit.
Offline Ajith  
#10 Posted : 31 August 2021 15:48:50(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

Done !

Do you mean you have set switch 8 on, or is it address 8 from the table in the instruction book?

The switches do not use binary addressing like you may think. You must refer to the table in the handbook to select the correct switch combination.

Also note that certain switch combinations will result in a short circuit.

That is making me scary !!

I am using the the dip switch on the decoder to address the decoder. Dip witch 4 in ON position = address 8

If the dip switch doesn't address like binary, how else it does. Where can I find the handbook ? My model, which I bought through didn't come with a manual and Marklin website doesn't have them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Ajith
Offline marklinist5999  
#11 Posted : 31 August 2021 16:06:12(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
If the decoder is ok, entering the Locomotive manually into your MS2 and setting the address should work. I've even done it using a different model of the same type from the database. Check your track wiring, and connect the MS2 cable to the track box to the terminal closest to the power pack input. The online MS2 manual may help you also if you are without one.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline H0  
#12 Posted : 31 August 2021 16:16:31(UTC)
H0

Dip witch 4 in ON position = address 8
Nope, that's address 77.
Switch 1 ON is address 78, the default for Delta steamers.
Switch 2 ON is address 79.
In all three cases, all other switches have to be OFF.

This calculator is in German, but usage should be intuitive:
https://stummi.de/Digirechner.html

The decoder has four address pins - each can be HIGH, LOW, or OPEN. Only 81 combinations out of 256 are valid, the others create a short circuit. One combination is reserved, leaving 80 valid addresses. Märklin call it trinary, not binary.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#13 Posted : 31 August 2021 16:33:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

That is making me scary !!

I am using the the dip switch on the decoder to address the decoder. Dip witch 4 in ON position = address 8

If the dip switch doesn't address like binary, how else it does. Where can I find the handbook ? My model, which I bought through didn't come with a manual and Marklin website doesn't have them.

Nothing to be scared about.

The calculator that Tom (H0) posted the link to will help, but you could also look in this thread at post 2 for the 0303 book which will tell you all about setting the address correctly.

If you select 26573 from the database on your ms2 it will tell you the default address for your loco (check in the instructions for the ms2 that others have pointed you at for how to check this). I would suggest you set it to that address and then whatever functions the ms2 is programmed to for your loco will be correct. Doing things any other way involves a bit of work to set up the available functions correctly.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline Alsterstreek  
#14 Posted : 31 August 2021 16:57:40(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Really?

There used to be dip switches with 8 and with 4 switches - see PDF for address tables (scroll down to pages 3 & 4):
https://www.maerklin.de/...faq/Technik-Tipp-303.pdf

P.S.: According to Maerklin, the loco is delivered with with the address set at "3":
https://www.maerklin.de/...ok-Datenbank-2006-12.pdf
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline Ajith  
#15 Posted : 01 September 2021 05:34:44(UTC)
Ajith

United Arab Emirates   
Tank you very much Alsterstreek, kiwiAlan and yes TOM. I put the dip switch 4 to on and selected 77 in the controller. WHOLA It is working now.

Big smile on my face and 2 boys I have :)
BigGrin
You guys rock !! Love

Thx again
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Ajith