Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Steve Willis  
#1 Posted : 25 August 2021 18:31:16(UTC)
Steve Willis

United Kingdom   
I am new to the Forum but need someone's help. I have a new CS3 and I'm trying to draw a track diagram but the illustrations in the instructions in the manual I have downloaded do not match what I see on the screen. I am trying to draw a simple fiddle yard fan of sidings using turnouts which in reality are joined onto each other but on the screen, I cannot get them to link even following the instructions in the manual. I don't get a choice of layout styles and some of the buttons mentioned do not exist on my screen. I am used to using AnyRail for designing layouts and was hoping that the Marklin system would be similar. The whole point of my buying the CS3 was so I would have the layout displayed on the screen and be able to control the turnouts from it. I am getting nowhere fast!

If anyone can shed any light on this, perhaps you can email me: wilnatron53@gmail.com

Many thanks

Steve

Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 25 August 2021 19:08:36(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Steve Willis Go to Quoted Post
I am new to the Forum but need someone's help. I have a new CS3 and I'm trying to draw a track diagram but the illustrations in the instructions in the manual I have downloaded do not match what I see on the screen. I am trying to draw a simple fiddle yard fan of sidings using turnouts which in reality are joined onto each other but on the screen, I cannot get them to link even following the instructions in the manual. I don't get a choice of layout styles and some of the buttons mentioned do not exist on my screen. I am used to using AnyRail for designing layouts and was hoping that the Marklin system would be similar. The whole point of my buying the CS3 was so I would have the layout displayed on the screen and be able to control the turnouts from it. I am getting nowhere fast!

If anyone can shed any light on this, perhaps you can email me: wilnatron53@gmail.com

Many thanks

Steve

What version of software is on your cs3?

What software version does the manual refer to?

There has been a major update to the cs3 software such that Marklin has issued a new book to cover it. I suspect that this is where your problem lies.

Offline marklinist5999  
#3 Posted : 25 August 2021 19:43:11(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Maybe post a pic of the page from the new big book showing how to delete the default startset track diagram. If it already was, who did it if it's a brand new CS3? If you install locomotives or other mfx items before deleting the startset diagram, tell him he must remove it by deleting each item seperately i.e. turnouts, tracks, etc. or he will lose his entire Loco list and other items he installed if he executes the factory reset.
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 25 August 2021 19:47:49(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Also watch the Marklin digital webinars on youtube Steve. They're very helpful.
Offline Steve Willis  
#5 Posted : 26 August 2021 18:11:53(UTC)
Steve Willis

United Kingdom   
Many thanks, guys!
The CS3 was brand new from Amazon at the back end of last year. I bought it before I'd even laid any track as it was what I wanted. The software version is 1.4.1 (0) if this helps but I don't know what version the manual is. Maybe I should refresh the pages if there is a new version (I read it online not a physical book)
I will look at the youtube webinars to see if they help but it's very frustrating not being able to draw the trackplans properly.

Cheers

Steve
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Steve Willis
Offline JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 26 August 2021 20:03:30(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Steve

Welcome to this great forum.
The last version of the CS3 s/w is 2.3.1(8) So, loads of water under the bridge.

To get an update, simply connect your CS3 to your Internet box using an Ethernet cable. Then power up the CS3
After some time (couple of minutes max) you will see a red dot displayed like this
cs3_Neues_Update_Vorhanden.png

Notice the red dot with a number showing the number of updates available
Double clic on the icon where the red dot is and a new update is available message will show asking to agree or disagree with updating
Then the update is automatic and take 30 min to 1 hour depending on the speed of your internet and the number of updates.

Notice that when the update is finished, the red dot will turn into green
CS3-System_CS3_Einstellungen2_2.3.1(8).png.png

Note: if the red point does not show, it is because you are not in DHCP mode (you let your internet box select the address)

Once you have the latest version you have to select the type of layout display you wish.
There are 2 to select from (1) the standard "Macaroni" type
BahnBetriebsWerk.png

The other type is the synoptic type
cs3 Edit Track list.png

So to create you layout image you must:
- enter all your track pieces (switches , double dip, crossings,...) using edit article list
- create a new plan by selecting "new plan" for the "macaroni" type or new synoptic for the synoptic type
Creation nouveau synoptique  reseau.png

Then you need to display both the new plan and the list of track pieces and drag and drop them on the plan
cs3 Edit filters.png

Note: the synoptic representation (better IMO) does not work for a turntable
I hope this helps
Jean

Edited by user 27 August 2021 13:49:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified