Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 08 August 2021 12:40:19(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
I've run into a problem with the new Marklin TT for C track. As far as I can see, there is no way of programming the EcoS from 24 tracks to 30 tracks. Therefore, the EcoS counts 24 outlets instead of 30 and the TT loses its positioning. What I thought I could do, if it's possible, is to use a CS3+ as a booster, and power up the TT in an isolated area of the layout, and so I could program the TT correctly. However, would the EcoS accept the CS3+ as a digital controller or are they not compatible ? I know I'm pushing my luck here, but I think it's worth an ask.

Regards
Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 08 August 2021 15:01:19(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Greg
Yes you can drive a 74861 turntable with a CS3 and have a perfect control
Yes you don't need a booster as using a 60101 (100W) with a CS3 power supply allows you to have 5 A digital current (I drive 32 locos and many lighted cars and around 70 decoders for switches on my layout with a total current draw of 2.9 A (peak 3.4 A)
No you cannot have a CS3 master or slave of an Ecos.

Here is my layout with on CS3 without booster

Cheers
Jean
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 08 August 2021 18:43:36(UTC)
H0

Yes, you can connect the CS3 to the sniffer port of the ECoS. The sniffer port is one-way, but the CS3 will be able to control the TT along with locos assigned to the sniffer port on the ECoS. IIRC the CS3 will also be able to control turnouts.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#4 Posted : 09 August 2021 09:17:23(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, you can connect the CS3 to the sniffer port of the ECoS. The sniffer port is one-way, but the CS3 will be able to control the TT along with locos assigned to the sniffer port on the ECoS. IIRC the CS3 will also be able to control turnouts.

Thanks Tom. Now the next question - If I connect the CS3 and EcoS, can I use Traincontroller or will TC get confused ?
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!