Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline blid  
#1 Posted : 27 July 2021 13:06:58(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I have tried the ESU forum but no luck so far. Maybe someone here know his way around Andriod systems and have ideas. I don’t. I hate these things – except this one when I have managed to get the desired train on the screen.

Quote from ESU forum: “I am trying to update my MC II and have downloaded and installed the Mobile Control II Update program. When I start the update the MC II displays a message that there was a verification error. As far as I understand the MC II is expecting to verify and install a Google Play app.
How can I change the MC II to accept Android packages in stead? That is what I assume is needed.“

My guess is that an app “ESU Import Services” is handling this USB import. It is not visible on the app screen but when I tap the start screen and Manage Apps it is there. Do you think it is alright to finish it or will that make things worse? Did I say I hate Smartphones.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline river6109  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2021 13:54:41(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I've recently updated my ECoS and MC II, all I did, is connected the ECoS to the router, turned the MC II on and made sure the Wifi is connected to the MC II, from there on I don't know what I did but its updated.

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline blid  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2021 14:23:57(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Thank you John! I already have the latest EcoS version. I will try to remember to have the MC II up and running when I update the nest time.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.