Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Harvey  
#1 Posted : 17 July 2021 21:10:44(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
I have the above loc and while it seems to have all functions working and wires attached, it doesn't move. This loc is part of the my world of operation and I have set sand consumption to 0 and try to operate this under with and without consumption to see if that makes a difference. In the cab view, the image shows the train is moving but it is not. This is a recent problem as the loc has been running for some time but recently would stop after some time, I would add sand. But now, no motion, just sounds. Other than sending this out for repair, any suggestions on what to look for/test

Thanks
Harvey
Offline Dave Banks  
#2 Posted : 18 July 2021 00:21:41(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hello Harvey, I am trying to get my head around your term "Add Sand" I am not familiar with this & can you please elaborate. Since this loco has the 5 pole motor I suggest you start there. Take the top off & got to the motor where you will find the brushes secured by two tension springs. Pull them carefully to either side & remove the brushes. If there is a lot of carbon residue in there you need to remove the motor & clean. You may need to replace the brushes with a new set. Never oil that area of the motor. Gear side only & only a drop of Marklin oil. If you have a lot of experience with Marklin Mechanical, I apologist in advance for my beginners approach. That is probably the place I would start if the loco won't run. Please view video before you start this if in doubt. Keep us posted on your hopeful progress. There are a lot of members with a wealth of knowledge here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=...4&ab_channel=ajckids

[
D.A.Banks
Offline xxup  
#3 Posted : 18 July 2021 00:26:34(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Dave he is talking about the World of Operation feature.. If the loco runs out of any resource, sand, water, coal etc, then it stops.. To get going you need to add the missing virtual resource..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline Dave Banks  
#4 Posted : 18 July 2021 00:33:12(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Adrian Thanks for that. Pays to read the whole story Blushing. The marklin Model #37325 number jumped out at me & I just took it from there. My apologies.
D.A.Banks
Offline xxup  
#5 Posted : 18 July 2021 00:57:37(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep.. It's Sunday morning and it's too far away from rum o'clock... Smile
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by xxup
Offline Harvey  
#6 Posted : 19 July 2021 22:50:11(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
Dave.

Thanks for the link. I am not sure if the DCM motor is the issue (my guess) as there is no short signal and no sign of excess oil. I have not opened up the motor to check further. I see that the vidoe comes from AJKids, I'll reach out to Charlie to see if he has further advice.

Thanks
Harvey
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Harvey
Offline Dave Banks  
#7 Posted : 20 July 2021 02:33:11(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Harvey could you show us a picture of this loco you have please inside view if possible.
D.A.Banks
Offline applor  
#8 Posted : 20 July 2021 04:49:53(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Harvey Go to Quoted Post
Dave.

Thanks for the link. I am not sure if the DCM motor is the issue (my guess) as there is no short signal and no sign of excess oil. I have not opened up the motor to check further.
Harvey

Yes it sounds like the brushes (coals) in the motor are at fault.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany