Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nuhme_niels  
#1 Posted : 16 July 2021 23:50:11(UTC)
nuhme_niels

Denmark   
Hello forum,

I'm having difficulties regarding the mDT3 software. I've learned the basic understading of the program, however there are some functions I still don't know how to use properly.

I've chosen the Märklin decoders and programmer over ESU as it seemed logical since I'm running (mostly) Märklin locos and K-track.

Anyway, I want to add a brake function to one of the 'F' keys. The idea is to have the loco with a very high braking delay setting (ABV) so as when the speed knob is turned all the way down, the loco will keep rolling for a long time. The "braking 'F' key" will then be pushed so the brakes squeal and the loco stops.
The ESU LokSound 5 has this function called 'dynamic braking', here's an example of what I want to achieve:
(jump to 16:12)
I don't know how to program this effect, so hopefully if anyone knows how to achieve this and could give me some tips & tricks? Then I'd be very happy BigGrin

Best regards,
Niels
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 17 July 2021 00:28:05(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Niels
Welcome to this great forum where many are Märklin enthusiasts.

The little that I know is this:
ESU Lokpilot/Loksound 5 can have 2 inertia "registers" that can be used for a fully loaded train or a loco without wagons. For each you may specify different inertia paraters and install a function to select one or the other.

Märklin mMLD3 / mSD3 on the other hand have only one inertia register (Bremsverzögerung, Anfahrtverzögerung). The one thing you can do is assign one function key to ABV (Anfahrt Bremls Verzögerung). When activated this ABV reduces the time delay to almost nothing.

So the best decoder depends very much on the central unit you have CS3 or ECOS (CS3 in my case). this makes Märklin decoders very easy to use with a CS3 and ESU decoders very uneasy to use (Huge number of CVs and no user friendly interface). And probably vice versa.

Using Märklin decoders with a CS3 makes it very easy to control the parameters without having to reprogram the decoder
Just my opinion
Cheers
Jean
PS Your BR 24 patina is great. The loco is just great.
Your distribution gear on the video is not properly mounted (Breaking risk)
Here are my operations in my layout with the use of Rocrail
Using Rocrail or an equivalent would make it easy to switch from a fully loaded inertia to a single loco

Cheers
Jean
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 17 July 2021 13:15:08(UTC)
bph

Norway   
What you could test, is to add some logical functions to an f key.

Try adding the following logical functions to a single f key:
Speed change (sett speed to 0)
Brake squealing on
Acc/dec off

Haven't tested this myself, but it might give you a start.