Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline DamonKelly  
#1 Posted : 05 May 2006 14:43:50(UTC)
DamonKelly

Australia   
Hi all who are still "Insiders" wink

I don't know if this is the right area, but here goes...

I just got my Insider membership details ("Mitgliedsnummer", "Passwort", etc...), all in German...sigh [:(] It's the old Austria/Australia thing. I thought only Americans confused the two?

Anyway...

I logged onto the Insiders section on Maerklin.de, for a browse, and immediately noticed it was entirely in German. Am I naïve to think there is a setting to change to English?

Back to the docs.
I assume "Rechnung" is an invoice -- i.e. I have to pay USD85 for the privelege of being sent glossy magazines and fabulous offers in a language not commonly spoken in Australia. (Actually, Marklin Inc. say they'll tell Märklin GmbH to fix that)
I thought I'd already done that when I applied on-line through www.marklin.com.
Do I mail it back? Can I do it on-line?

When are the Insider Wagons sent out, and do I have to apply for one? My membership started on 14 Mar 2006 (if babelfish is correct) -- when was the cut-off? I assume I missed out on this year's DVD.

I might have to go and see my long suffering Märklin dealer Noel and get his opinion. I assume the documents are the same for everyone, although usually in a language they understand.
Cheers,
Damon
Offline dikken  
#2 Posted : 05 May 2006 16:38:47(UTC)
dikken

Hi,

1 The insider-website is german only, unfortunately.
2. If there is an Australian marklin branch, you 'd better contact them to solve this problem.
3. There is an english version of the marklin magazine for the no-german speaking insiders

Australia
Märklin Club of Australia
c/o Nathan's Trains N Toys
P.O.Box 2416
Chermside Centre
Chermside Qld 4032
Telephone (61) 07-3350-4685
Telefax (61) 07-3350-6792
E-Mail trainsntoys@hotkey.net.au
Website http://www.trainsntoys.com.au
Dikken

Check out my site:
http://www.modelspoorhobby.be
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 05 May 2006 16:56:57(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Damon. Just join the outsiders club...it is cheaper and you will get just as much information. John Black is the President and I am sure he will confirm that outsiders are a happy bunch and do not suffer from the stress of waiting for the canoe with the next mag.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline rschaffr  
#4 Posted : 05 May 2006 17:25:30(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Damon: If you are referring to the Insider Model (the VT08.5) yes you missed it. The Insider Club Car for the year will be out later in the year. Club cards come out in May, and the certificate for the wagon will be in your 04 issue late summer (or sometime in the Fall for us at he bottom of the food chain).
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline john black  
#5 Posted : 05 May 2006 23:10:27(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />John Black is the president

David: Wrong - it's Juhan. I'm just a muttering outlaw member ... [xx(]
But with all other things re this great club you're right on the money Cool

John
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline orubias  
#6 Posted : 06 May 2006 00:04:50(UTC)
orubias

Spain   
Vice-President at the least, John?

Band on the run
Offline SRB  
#7 Posted : 06 May 2006 00:40:02(UTC)
SRB

I think that Juhan - the master of this excellent universe – is THE master here. But John Black is surely the vice-president. Some statistics: More than 10% of all posts comes from MR. Black… This should count.
IB; C-track; DSB and SBB ep. III-V
Offline xxup  
#8 Posted : 06 May 2006 00:49:34(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
I thought John was the six star general.. biggrin "10% of all posts" - hmmm I'll go check that one it seems high... confused

EDIT: You need to remember that Juhan archives posts - so there are actually 59,000 posts which makes 7.5%....wink
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline john black  
#9 Posted : 06 May 2006 00:52:08(UTC)
john black

United States   
Wrong again, Gentlemen - according Adrian's excellent stats SCOTLAND is the most posting nation.
So it's David's turn for Vice ... biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline nevw  
#10 Posted : 06 May 2006 02:41:58(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by orubias
<br />Vice-President at the least, John?

No, John is the FOunder and Patron.
Nev[:p][}:)]wink
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline nevw  
#11 Posted : 06 May 2006 02:46:53(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Quote:
Originally posted by DamonKelly
<br />Hi all who are still "Insiders" wink

I don't know if this is the right area, but here goes...

I just got my Insider membership details ("Mitgliedsnummer", "Passwort", etc...), all in German...sigh [:(] It's the old Austria/Australia thing. I thought only Americans confused the two?

Damon,

I applied and all mags etc are in ENglish.
Only problem is that the insider pages are in German. It is about time that they catered for the rest of the world and supplied pages on the web site in English so we can read it.
They need to catch up with the rest of the World.

Le French used to be very insular but last time in Paris, people actually did not ignore you if you did not speak French.

Nev[}:)][:p]biggrin
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline stephenbb  
#12 Posted : 06 May 2006 15:35:48(UTC)
stephenbb

It's all the outsiders fault, that Marklin is in financial trouble. Don't you know that its your responsibility to pay the 85 USD or Euros so they can show a profit. They blame their problems on their customers..
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline Munich 1860  
#13 Posted : 06 May 2006 16:51:16(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by DamonKelly
<br />Hi all who are still "Insiders" wink

I logged onto the Insiders section on Maerklin.de, for a browse, and immediately noticed it was entirely in German. Am I naïve to think there is a setting to change to English?
Damon,

let me please say at first that I understand your anger and that I am myself thinking of quitting the Insider Club at the end of this year for a variety of reasons. And I do not want to defend Märklin, they should do that for themselves.

But: as far as I know the Insider section of Maerklin.de was never an advertised part of the membership, something you could 'request' as having paid for it, but merely an additional gimmick.

I would go so far as to say that the information contained in the Insider forum wasn't so much meant as additional customer service, but as a means of keeping non-expert customers from calling in everytime a minor problem would arise, and therefore waste precious workers' time .....

(Which is ok for the company, but it surely cannot be called 'service oriented').

Regards,

Hans
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline john black  
#14 Posted : 06 May 2006 19:23:59(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by stephenbb
<br />It's all the outsiders fault, that Marklin is in financial trouble. Don't you know that its your responsibility to pay the 85 USD

Yeah - now I feel really bad [}:)][}:)][}:)]

Never forget, Stephen - M framed me heavily with that junky Harry Potter Set ...
For what little idiot me paid more than three times of that fee ... €300 down the drain [xx(][xx(][xx(]

Offline David Dewar  
#15 Posted : 06 May 2006 19:51:34(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Did someone say it was my turn for vice ooooooh

I think we will all be presidents under the control of Juhan.

However let it be said if M ever get round to provding a decent well run insider club then I would be happy to join. But until they put service first for their members I see no reason to support them.
The only way to change things is to vote with our cash.
The new items are good so I will buy....Insider is poor so no go.

Now back to this vice thing

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline HueyCE  
#16 Posted : 07 May 2006 18:53:00(UTC)
HueyCE

David Dewar: Vice President of Marklin-Insider.net for Scotland Operations.Smile
John Black: Leader of the loyal opposition- Outsiders Club.
Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline john black  
#17 Posted : 08 May 2006 15:41:12(UTC)
john black

United States   
Sounds great - Ira Smile, you know me ...

Offline David Dewar  
#18 Posted : 08 May 2006 16:18:22(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Ira. Am I the president of Vice or the Vice President of the Insiders. As I am not an Insider then it would have to be Vice...only thing is what will my wife say!!!
Could I just join Johns Opposistion party...I could be treasurer and when the subs come in its all down the pub for a beer.

David

PS I wonder if I will get my next free magazine.......
Offline john black  
#19 Posted : 08 May 2006 16:38:47(UTC)
john black

United States   
Since opposition makes especially thirsty I'll be first at the scene and order that beer for us biggrin

Offline Guus  
#20 Posted : 08 May 2006 22:06:21(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Just think of it.

Our collective knowledge is so great that in fact we're all Insiders,whether you're an official member of M's club or not.

Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline David Dewar  
#21 Posted : 08 May 2006 22:12:14(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Well said Guus. This forum has been much more useful to me than the Insider Club.

David