Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Rwill  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2021 22:33:44(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Sorry for my dumbness!

On my now defunct CS2 I had a piece of software on my MS laptop that replicated the operation of the CS2. The CS2 has gone to the smoky heaven for my digital equipment - joining K83's and other things but the software remains on the laptop screen albeit not working obviously. I don't remember installing it or where the software came from.

Now the obvious question is is there a similar product for CS3 and how do I get it?
Offline phils2um  
#2 Posted : 23 April 2021 09:00:28(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
1. Make sure your CS3 is connected to your router.
2. Obtain your CS3's IP address. Go to System>IP on your CS3.
3. Connect to your CS3 by putting the CS3 IP address in your favorite laptop browser's (Edge, IE, Chrome, Foxfire, Safari, etc.) URL window and hit return. A "Märklin CS3 Web Interface" page should open.
4. Hover your curser over the "System" icon then open "Bildschirm Server" that appears in the dropdown menu.
5. There is a link on the page to download the free VNC Viewer software you will need to load onto your laptop.
6. While you're on the "Bildschirm Server" page click on the configuration button on the left. Select the "activiert" button under "Automatischer Start". This will cause the Bildschirm (screen) Server to automatically start whenever your CS3 starts up from a power off condition. (Saves having to do it yourself everytime!)
7. Back on the "Bildschirm Server" 'Status" page follow the instructions in order to connect once you have the VNC Viewer application loaded on your laptop. This is direct access to your CS3 via your laptop.
Phil S.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by phils2um
Offline bph  
#3 Posted : 23 April 2021 15:09:58(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post
Sorry for my dumbness!

On my now defunct CS2 I had a piece of software on my MS laptop that replicated the operation of the CS2. The CS2 has gone to the smoky heaven for my digital equipment - joining K83's and other things but the software remains on the laptop screen albeit not working obviously. I don't remember installing it or where the software came from.

Now the obvious question is is there a similar product for CS3 and how do I get it?

the CS2 software also works with the CS3, but it's a bit unstable, so using a browser is a more stable option.
the CS2-4-2-1-setup.exe can be downloaded from Marklin Cs2 support page

And you also have the VNC option as phils2um described.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 23 April 2021 15:31:43(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Rwill Go to Quoted Post

Hi Rwill
The CS3, associated with a VNC Viewer (to be downloaded for free) allows your computer to take full control of your CS3.
Once you have downloaded and started VNC viewer, create a contact with the IP address of your CS3 followed by :5900 (in my case 192.168.0.23:5900
You need to start your CS3 connected to your PC (I suggest a manual fixed address (so it will not changeBigGrin )
Then on you computer browser (I use Chrome), type the IP address of your CS3
CS3-PC-Home.png
Then you use system and then, in SYSTEM select RESTART INTERNET SERVER.
CS3-PC-System Screen copy.png

The previous program you are using is CS2.exe by Märklin. It works fine with a CS3 with the exception of the track synoptic (LAYOUT) the same goes with previous apps for iPhones MainStation and Mobile Station
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
bph
Offline phils2um  
#5 Posted : 23 April 2021 19:36:52(UTC)
phils2um

United States   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
I suggest a manual fixed address (so it will not change

I do not agree with this recommendation unless you are a network guru. You should leave the CS3 set to obtain its IP address assignment automatically (DHCP). Your router will assign (and remember) a correct, recognizable IP address to your CS3. It will also correctly set the network mask, gateway address and DNS server address. These addresses will not change unless you deliberately reset your router. (Or connect your CS3 to a different router.) Likewise, your computer should also be set to obtain its network address by DHCP. IP addresses and settings can not be chosen randomly and must fit the network framework of your router in order to be recognized. The best way to make sure this happens is by having your devices obtain their addresses from your router by DHCP.

If you should happen to have trouble connecting with RealVNC you can always check your CS3 to verify you are using the correct IP address.
Phil S.