Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Doc.Calladine  
#1 Posted : 15 April 2021 08:26:23(UTC)
Doc.Calladine

Australia   
Hi,

Any suggestions regarding the replacement of the original motor in tank lok 5746 and tender lok 5799?

The motor in my 5746 is seized, although I have not taken it out to determine why just yet. My 5799 still runs, but does so in only one direction at the moment. I have read in other posts on this forum about possibly needing to adjust the reversing spring.

I want to upgrade both loks to digital with sound modules, so this needs to be figured into any modifications I do. All of my trains have been in storage for more than 15 years and I am finally getting them out and once again dreaming of layouts... although a few tracks in the garden might have to do for a while.

I have a BR80, model number 5710/5712/5719 (not sure which exact model as there is no longer a sticker underneath) which I had fitted with a LokSoundXL V3.0 back in 2005. This was just before everything went into storage. I never bought a digital transformer which could make full use of this, so any suggestions on a unit which will work for all three of these loks, once they’ve been upgraded would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!