Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MooMooHolyCow  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2021 20:04:27(UTC)
MooMooHolyCow

United States   
Hello, I have a chance to obtain Roco 64190 and 74088 Railjet sets. I understand these are from different runs and that they aren't quite the same in terms of their real-life counterparts in the sense that I'll mix a set of 4 with a slightly different set of 3. I think I can live with that without too much difficulty since I don't care all that much that it'll mimic real life exactly so as long as they look correct running together. I can't find either of the corresponding sets, so mixing might be the best option here.

What I'm trying to find out is if the unique power coupling from the 64190 set will work with the 74088 set. As I understand it, the lights from 74088 will be on all the time while the lights from 64190 can be switched on and off. This is fine for me since I always run with interior lights on, anyhow, even if I am simulating a daytime scene. But, will 64190 correctly feed power and couple with 74088 is what my biggest concern is.. If they will just not look right running together, please let me know, however.

Thank you, in advance.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MooMooHolyCow
Online marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2021 21:19:02(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I looked at the manuals on the Roco site. They both use the same lectric cuplings. The 64190 has (part # given), or says to install a 16 pin plux decoder for digital operation to prevent damage to the wheels and axles. The 74088 does not have a decoder or list one, but does say it also has switchable lighting. It has a printed citcuit (part # given).
My best educated guess is they are compatible, with the suppliment set using the decoder in the control car set.
Micro Macro Mundo in Miami has one 64190 set in stock for $326 and change.
Nice sets!
Keep us up to date on your decison and progress with this.
Offline MooMooHolyCow  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2021 21:21:39(UTC)
MooMooHolyCow

United States   
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply so carefully! Looks like it'll be a good combined set and no one will know that they are from two separate runs, I would think. Now.. to find an AC Railjet loco.. .I'm not sure when Marklin's is coming out, but hopefully it'll be soon!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MooMooHolyCow
Online marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 03 April 2021 02:43:24(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Marklin # 39871 was new for 2020, sold out at factory. OBB Railjet. AJC Kids may have one. $346 card an 4 axle drive. Sine motor gone. Mfx+