Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline GG1 Fan  
#1 Posted : 24 March 2021 07:53:08(UTC)
GG1 Fan

I think these coaches were purchased in the 1980's. They ran on my layout once or twice. They have been stored in the original boxes.

Does anyone know what they are, what set they came from?

If you like them, make me an offer. I am willing to make a very good deal on them. Oh, and please, offer for the whole set, I don't want to break them up and sell individually, big pain.

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 24 March 2021 09:29:23(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
These are the coaches of the "Visitors Train" of the Feldschlösschen Brewery at Rheinfelden in Switzerland. This consist, hauled by a steam locomotive, used to transport the brewery visitors from the SBB station up into the brewery area. The cars formerly belonged to the Bodensee-Toggenburg railway and/or the SBB.

Due to bad condition of these three old carriages, they were taken out of service a couple of years ago. However, it is planned to renovate at least one or two of them and to put them back into service.

The (three) Liliput models of this brewery train are very well known. They were always sold individually and not as a complete set. Your pictures are not too clear, so I can't judge whether you have all of the carriages that were produced. You seem to have at least one unit that was not part of the Feldschlösschen consist but belonged to the "Amor Express" of the Bodensee-Toggenburg railway (the baggage-car at the top left in the second picture). On the other hand, the light green Feldschlösschen car might be double (bottom right), and perhaps also the red and blue carriages.

The item at the very top left of the second picture does not belong to the other cars.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline GG1 Fan  
#3 Posted : 24 March 2021 14:03:56(UTC)
GG1 Fan

I will take more, and better pictures this weekend. I think the coaches that I have are in very well preserved condition. Along with being plastic, they have held up well.

Thank you for the fast response and detailed information.

Seems like a perfect setup for someone with a layout that has a beer hall or brewery. If anyone is interested, make me an offer. Otherwise, to an Ebay lot they will go soon.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 24 March 2021 18:37:45(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
These are the coaches of the "Visitors Train" of the Feldschlösschen Brewery at Rheinfelden in Switzerland. This consist, hauled by a steam locomotive, used to transport the brewery visitors from the SBB station up into the brewery area.

Hmm, I have the T3 Feldschlosschen Brewery loco that Marklin made last year. Would that have been what they used? Could well be interested in the coaches to go with the loco.

Offline Unholz  
#5 Posted : 24 March 2021 20:19:55(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
These are the coaches of the "Visitors Train" of the Feldschlösschen Brewery at Rheinfelden in Switzerland. This consist, hauled by a steam locomotive, used to transport the brewery visitors from the SBB station up into the brewery area.

Hmm, I have the T3 Feldschlosschen Brewery loco that Marklin made last year. Would that have been what they used? Could well be interested in the coaches to go with the loco.

Exactly, this is the appropriate loco. With the slight restriction that it is indeed a repainted German T3 instead of the Swiss E 3/3. Here is some prototype information:
https://www.oldtimerclub...ilder-eisenbahn/tigerli/
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Unholz
Offline kiwiAlan  
#6 Posted : 24 March 2021 21:01:34(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

Exactly, this is the appropriate loco. With the slight restriction that it is indeed a repainted German T3 instead of the Swiss E 3/3. Here is some prototype information:
https://www.oldtimerclub...ilder-eisenbahn/tigerli/

No, mine is a T3, second item in this post, it was a Eurotrain item by Marklin.

I like the pictures of the coaches in your link. ThumpUp

Offline Unholz  
#7 Posted : 24 March 2021 21:18:59(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   

I think we mean the same but have some kind of minor language misunderstanding: BigGrin Yes, your model is definitely a T3, but the prototype isn't. Wink

Offline kiwiAlan  
#8 Posted : 24 March 2021 21:47:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   

I think we mean the same but have some kind of minor language misunderstanding: BigGrin Yes, your model is definitely a T3, but the prototype isn't. Wink

Ah, follow you now. Will still look the part with the coaches.
Offline GG1 Fan  
#9 Posted : 24 March 2021 23:25:42(UTC)
GG1 Fan

I have to say, my coaches held up better than these. Was those nice protective cases, I bet.

UserPostedImage