Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline PeFu  
#1 Posted : 20 March 2021 09:32:13(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Running several trains, I find it nice to have different categories of consists for not mixing them up etc. I’ve just purchased a number of container cars for one train, and now I’m curious on setting up a consist of ”autotransportwagen”, i.e. cars carrying cars.

I was just about to ”sofort kaufen” some sets of Märklin 2863 trains at reasonable pricing at eBay.de. However, before adding to cart, I ran into the following posting on Stummi, regarding quality on this product:

https://www.stummiforum.de/viewtopic.php?t=40154

Blushing Would you have the same experience using the Märklin 4712, 47121, 47122 or 47123?

I’m interested in nice looking autotransportwagen of decent quality, where I don’t have to glue the cars on the surface. DB, SBB etc. doesn’t matter, they will be on alp-transite in my kingdom. Also, other brands like Roco on AC wheels would be OK. I’m fine with 2nd hand options.

Blushing Would you have any autotransportwagen to suggest?
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline marklinist5999  
#2 Posted : 20 March 2021 11:00:57(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I have one each of the Marklin blue ones, light, and dark of 1990s issue. They came with Rietze cars. Ford's, Audi, Opel Calibra, Fiat, Honda, Mitsubishi. They are not scale length. My other is a Roco OBB in Orange which is longer and nicer. It has wire railings, but more delicate. It also is best on an R2 radius or more.
Thirdly is a Marklin DTX private transport double car which came with 8 Mercedes A class first generation.
I use them at will. No rules. I must have a few hundred Herpa, Busch, Rietze, Wiking, Riko, and Chinese ho die cast cars..
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline PeFu  
#3 Posted : 21 March 2021 08:18:41(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
I have one each of the Marklin blue ones, light, and dark of 1990s issue. They came with Rietze cars. Ford's, Audi, Opel Calibra, Fiat, Honda, Mitsubishi. They are not scale length. My other is a Roco OBB in Orange which is longer and nicer. It has wire railings, but more delicate. It also is best on an R2 radius or more.
Thirdly is a Marklin DTX private transport double car which came with 8 Mercedes A class first generation.
I use them at will. No rules. I must have a few hundred Herpa, Busch, Rietze, Wiking, Riko, and Chinese ho die cast cars..

Any chance you would have their item numbers? Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline marklinist5999  
#4 Posted : 21 March 2021 09:17:46(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I believe they are 4223, and 4224. The boxes are in bins under my layout. Otherwise, they are 4233, and 4234.
Now these were reissued more than once, with different autos included. These are DB.there is a red one also, in OBB livery. The Roco I think comes in more than one country as well. They hold more cars.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline kimballthurlow  
#5 Posted : 21 March 2021 21:59:41(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
I have used the 4712 wagons on a C track layout, I never had any problems.
They are a nice model, well detailed and I saw the real ones in Germany in 2018.

Kimball

Edited by user 22 March 2021 10:35:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 22 March 2021 08:11:28(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes Kimball, I have one of those, and it does well. Only one axle each end, and a center pivot.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999