Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline artvegas  
#1 Posted : 16 March 2021 01:54:24(UTC)
artvegas

United States   
Any news on if Marklin Day's will be held this fall or if it has been canceled yet? I realize it may be too early for this to have been decided.

Offline mrmarklin  
#2 Posted : 16 March 2021 02:00:59(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: artvegas Go to Quoted Post
Any news on if Marklin Day's will be held this fall or if it has been canceled yet? I realize it may be too early for this to have been decided.

No word AFAIK. MHI 30th in June was canceled.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline kiwiAlan  
#3 Posted : 16 March 2021 13:19:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: artvegas Go to Quoted Post

At this stage i am not getting my hopes up too high that it will go ahead. The way the Europeans are mucking around with getting people vaccinated beggars belief. The current "crisis" because a very small number of people have had blood clots means a whole heap of countries have stopped using the Astra-Zeneca vaccine which will be holding up their program no end.

The crazy thing is that there have been something like 40 cases of people getting blood clots within days of getting their first dose, out of some 17 million vaccinations, but the 'normal background' blood clot rate according to one news item here is a case or two per thousand people. Go figure.

On top of that Italy has just started another lock down, and Germany isn't looking too good either, so at this stage it is a case of plan to go, but don't hold your hopes too high.

Offline IanC  
#4 Posted : 16 March 2021 14:12:19(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
I agree with Alan on this. I have friends near Goppingen and they are locked-down and expecting worse to come. From here in the UK we can go to the IMA Marklin Days or not at short notice - it's a long days drive for me including a ferry and I have a friendly floor to sleep on when I get there - but I wouldn't be booking my flight from America! I think it is most likely not to happen as Europe goes into 3rd phase pandemic lockdown again and bickers over using Oxford Astra-Zenica vaccine or dying in waves, again.

IanC
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline PJMärklin  
#5 Posted : 16 March 2021 14:22:21(UTC)
PJMärklin

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
The crazy thing is that there have been something like 40 cases of people getting blood clots within days of getting their first dose, out of some 17 million vaccinations, but the 'normal background' blood clot rate according to one news item here is a case or two per thousand people. Go figure.

The annual incidence of thromboembolism per 1000 residents after age adjustment to the World Health Organization World Standard Population was 0.57 in last statistics. (0.83 in one Australian study).

Presuming by rate that you mean prevalence rather than incidence, then one may expect another 9,650 “blood clots” (= thromboembolism = Deep Vein Thromboses +/- Pulmonary Emboli) that would normally (i.e. usually, of whatever cause) occur in that 17 million vaccinated population during the remaining 12 months.

Do the politicians there not take advice from their medical advisors?

As you say, go figureConfused Confused OhMyGod
Offline marklinist5999  
#6 Posted : 16 March 2021 18:02:40(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I miss the train shows. No dates rescheduled yet.
Offline DasBert33  
#7 Posted : 18 March 2021 10:41:42(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Will train shows return, ever? Given the average age of the participants, will the older people dare to go back? Will governments allow them to go back at all, or keep them away from such mass events 'for their own safety'?

What will be the conditions go to a train show, or any event? "Vaccination certificate' required? Mouth mask wearing obligatory? Mandatory testing before entering? ... Do you want to go under such conditions? Not me at least.

I don't see this having a happy end, even when the real pandemic is over. Too many people are 'infected' with the idea that our health is the only thing that matters and that everything else is of less/no importance.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by DasBert33
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 18 March 2021 10:58:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
Will train shows return, ever?
Why not? Some day we should have "herd immunity" and cases should drop drastically. Summer should also help.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline marklinist5999  
#9 Posted : 18 March 2021 11:47:20(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, plus after more are vaccinated, confidence will restore. It's us older folks who pass the hobby down to younger ones. Train shows are also good to sell at, and buy. Health is not only physical well being, but also psychological. Enjoying a hobby, sport, or recreational activity is just as important. Helps stave off behavioral sink, boredom, negative thinking, self abuse, or of others too. My first Marklin dealer told me it's cheaper than cocaine too. That was before crack, meth., vaping, even ecstasy.
Offline DasBert33  
#10 Posted : 18 March 2021 13:42:28(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Why not? Some day we should have "herd immunity" and cases should drop drastically. Summer should also help.

In theory yes, in practice I have doubts. Due to all the lockdowns the 'herd immunity' is much lower & slower than it could have been.When do you expect that? This summer? Christmas? Next year? ....

And about summer, yes it should help, but last summer was the worst period of the whole covid year so far. We had the first curfew of Europe back then, and had mouthmasks imposed everywhere outside. All the deaths due to the heatwave back then were attributed to the virus. Now that numbers are rising here in Belgium again, I see history repeating itself.

To go back to topic, I would go immediately to a trainshow (or whatever event) if they are back, but I'm afraid that all the new 'rules' will make it a much less enjoyable experience, if at all. It will all depend on how long these 'rules' will be imposed after this pandemic is over. It's especially on that part that I am not optimistic. Are you planning/wanting to use a vaccination passport like in Israel? To go abroad, or just to be able to enter a shop or restaurant? Not me, at least...

And about vaccination, I made the following deal with myself: I will only (consider to) get a vaccination AFTER my basic rights such as freedom have been restored, not before. I will not give in to any blackmail or threats, and not accept being treated as a 2nd grade citizen because of this. I want to show compassion and solidarity with other people, but enough is enough.

B

Offline H0  
#11 Posted : 18 March 2021 13:55:11(UTC)
H0

Due to all the lockdowns the 'herd immunity' is much lower & slower than it could have been.When do you expect that? This summer? Christmas? Next year? ....
I think vaccination is a key factor to achieve herd immunity. I would not hesitate to get a shot of the BioNTech vaccine.
It seems the EU was a bit slow about ordering vaccines, so now it takes a long time to get all the doses. Now that orders have been placed, companies are increasing their production capacities.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline kiwiAlan  
#12 Posted : 18 March 2021 14:58:17(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Due to all the lockdowns the 'herd immunity' is much lower & slower than it could have been.When do you expect that? This summer? Christmas? Next year? ....
I think vaccination is a key factor to achieve herd immunity. I would not hesitate to get a shot of the BioNTech vaccine.
It seems the EU was a bit slow about ordering vaccines, so now it takes a long time to get all the doses. Now that orders have been placed, companies are increasing their production capacities.

I agree that vaccines are the answer to herd immunity - that is what gives us immunity to what were common childhood diseases that killed many children a century or so ago, but have now essentially disappeared from the picture (except where anti-vaxes stop their children having the MMR jab and similar).

In the UK there is now something of the order of 40% of the adult population have had their first Covid jab, either the A-Z or Phizer, and the infection rate is dropping like a stone, along with the number of people in hospital.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#13 Posted : 18 March 2021 21:25:08(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Absolutely guy's! As with the roaring Twenties, it is presumed that this year and decade may be lke them which followed the swine flu epidemic of 1918. All out good times and broad spectrum travel. If you recall history, American prohibition was a conservative ideology of that era. Fitz Kennedy made a fortune bootlegging from Canada as a result.
I'm not chastizing anyone, just being genuinely cautious and pro active for health's sake.
Self care and for others is why I mask up in public. I sure don't want it after all this so far! We all love our freedom and rights, but no one has the right to infect others. Some are asymptomatic carriers.
Believe me, I have relatives in healthcare. Nurses, etc. who have seen the possible complications post Covid recovery. You don't want the possible heart and lung problems that can be ongoing or even chronic.
Sure, there can be new viruses all the time. It's been said for decades that not if, but when! I trust that had we been hit by Ebola like Africa, the onset national response would have been very different, and taken way more seriously. Also had we had a different administaration last year. Now we do. States without early lockdowns or with residents who ignored them had many more cases and deaths.
In my own circles, I lost many friends and or aquaintains from the 80's to the late 90's who were victims of the other former epidemic HIV. Some didn't believe it was real, but a consperiacy thwarted by the govt. or ult. right sect. Others failed to abstain or use prophalactycs soon enough. One misjudgement from being intoxicated was all it took for some.
Freddy Mercury, etc. were victims. So sad! AZT did little more than make bones brittle. Some major leaders failed to even acknowledge it or say the word. The wake up call came from Elizabeth Taylor after her close friend Rock Hudson died. Thankfully today it is no longer a death sentance.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by marklinist5999
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#14 Posted : 19 March 2021 01:10:04(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Here in New Zealand we have just completed a successful Americas Cup campaign with thousands of people around the Auckland waterfront. This was just after Auckland had been in lockdown for a week due to some community Covid cases.

Here in Wellington we have a MRR show scheduled for 3 weeks time. While not as large as the IMA by any means, if we get a few thousand folks through the door we would be more than happy.

Vaccine wise, they have only just started rolling out the Pfizer vaccine to border workers and their families so hopefully that will keep rolling out over the next few months. We have been quite fortunate to have a great big moat around the country and now there is talk of travel bubbles with the East Island.

But traveling to the IMA remains a pipe dream at this stage.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline grnwtrs  
#15 Posted : 19 March 2021 01:57:42(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklinist5999 Go to Quoted Post
Yes, plus after more are vaccinated, confidence will restore. It's us older folks who pass the hobby down to younger ones. Train shows are also good to sell at, and buy. Health is not only physical well being, but also psychological. Enjoying a hobby, sport, or recreational activity is just as important. Helps stave off behavioral sink, boredom, negative thinking, self abuse, or of others too. My first Marklin dealer told me it's cheaper than cocaine too. That was before crack, meth., vaping, even ecstasy.

and .......roco,piko,esu,fleishman (sp)herpa,busch,etc.....Laugh

regards, gene
Offline artvegas  
#16 Posted : 19 March 2021 06:47:00(UTC)
artvegas

United States   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post

I agree that vaccines are the answer to herd immunity - that is what gives us immunity to what were common childhood diseases that killed many children a century or so ago, but have now essentially disappeared from the picture (except where anti-vaxes stop their children having the MMR jab and similar).

In the UK there is now something of the order of 40% of the adult population have had their first Covid jab, either the A-Z or Phizer, and the infection rate is dropping like a stone, along with the number of people in hospital.

My wife and I have both had the Pfizer vaccine. The second dose four weeks ago. No problems. We figure that it is just a matter of time that you will not be able to get on an airplane or go to a show without wearing your ‘I’ve been vaccinated lanyard” around your neck.
Offline cookee_nz  
#17 Posted : 19 March 2021 09:58:42(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
The general view down here as BD said is that 2021 is going to be too unstable to seriously consider for anyone coming from a long distance.

So I think we're looking at 2023 as a more realistic possibility. Plenty more time to save !!
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline DasBert33  
#18 Posted : 19 March 2021 10:14:50(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Quote:
This was just after Auckland had been in lockdown for a week due to some community Covid cases.

I honestly don't get how nz people are willing to keep following those strict lockdowns for such a small amount of cases. Not even just that, during last elections your pm had an absolute majority. As if people want to be locked away and being told what to do.

We will see what will happen in the coming months. I don't believe you (nz) will get away with it that easy. With all the virusvariations popping up, it is just a matter of time before a true wave hits IMHO.

Quote:
As with the roaring Twenties, it is presumed that this year and decade may be lke them which followed the swine flu epidemic of 1918.

And then another great depression to follow, and then another world war? No thank you.

Quote:
no one has the right to infect others

Sure. But you could also turn this around. The other could take the measures to not get infected, if he/she is so afraid of it. I have yet to see compelling evidence that things like masks and all the disinfectants etc have a nett benefit anyway.

And infections are a part of life. Infections and getting infected is what keeps us healthy in the long run, they keep our immune system trained.

No one has the right to lock anyone up or to dictate the conditions under which to live, work, socialize, ... either IMHO. If you want to remove yourself from life, fine. Just don't force others to do so either, and don't blame them when something goes wrong with your own health or life.

It has become a matter of belief, a kind of religion. I don't believe the majority of the measures, like masks, do anything significant to stop infections. For every study proving something, there is another that dismisses it. I see no correlation between measures (here in Belgium) and infection rates. Yet for a year now I live in a society where the only thing of importance seems to be your physical health. All other things, mental health, economy, freedom, ... have been degraded to 2nd place or worse. This with always the mantra: "in 2-3 months it will get better". I'm really tired of trying to chase this carrot that decisionmakers are constantly holding in front of me. At some point it just has to stop.

Quote:
You don't want the possible heart and lung problems that can be ongoing or even chronic.

Maybe you need to tell this same line to a smoker, and try to force him to quit, let's see how far you get with that.

There are so many things to be afraid of in life. This virus is just one of them. But being constantly afraid of others and infections you forget to live, at least I cannot live.

Quote:
We figure that it is just a matter of time that you will not be able to get on an airplane or go to a show without wearing your ‘I’ve been vaccinated lanyard” around your neck.

For me, that would be a horrorscenario coming true. This is like having to wear star symbols in the 30s. But I agree, I'm afraid it is just a matter of time...

Offline Timnomads  
#19 Posted : 19 March 2021 11:47:44(UTC)
Timnomads

Switzerland   
Hi All

Here in jolly Europe things are not too good as far the vaccine rollout, The EU has totally cocked it up, and we all heading for a third wave with a large part of France going into lockdown today. Here in Switzerland, vaccination rollout is restricted to over 80s and essential workers or those with health problems. So even though we may have a vaccination passport, it will not help most europeans.
In Germany you can still book a hotel with no credit card needed and cancel up to about 24 hours before. So I have booked my hotel and leave and will cancel if necessary. Just hope for the best.

How many exhibitors will go could also be an interesting question

Tim
Offline kiwiAlan  
#20 Posted : 19 March 2021 15:29:37(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Quote:
This was just after Auckland had been in lockdown for a week due to some community Covid cases.

I honestly don't get how nz people are willing to keep following those strict lockdowns for such a small amount of cases. Not even just that, during last elections your pm had an absolute majority. As if people want to be locked away and being told what to do.

We will see what will happen in the coming months. I don't believe you (nz) will get away with it that easy. With all the virusvariations popping up, it is just a matter of time before a true wave hits IMHO.

You should try comparing NZs covid rate/1000 people (or larger sample size if you prefer) to somewhere like the USA, which hasn't done lockdowns like NZ has. In comparison covid has run rife in the population there, and this is what the UK has realised, except it has taken three lockdowns for the UK to get it right and stabilise the covid situation and get the infection and death rates down to where they are not running the hospitals absolutely ragged.

Besides which, in NZ the lockdowns have lasted only a matter of days, after the initial lockdown a year ago, so that local track and trace of the infection can be done and further infection minimised. From what I have seen on the news it has been highly effective in clamping down on the virus. Many other countries are very envious of the events being held in NZ without needing the 2m personal isolation space around each person.

Quote:
As with the roaring Twenties, it is presumed that this year and decade may be like them which followed the swine flu epidemic of 1918.

And then another great depression to follow, and then another world war? No thank you.

I wouldn't bet on it, the possibility of both these happening is good, covid or not.

Quote:
no one has the right to infect others

Sure. But you could also turn this around. The other could take the measures to not get infected, if he/she is so afraid of it. I have yet to see compelling evidence that things like masks and all the disinfectants etc have a nett benefit anyway.

Maybe you should read this piece about a diagnosis of how one particular instance spread. I would sooner wear a mask to minimise the possibility of infection from a disease that is known to be spread by air borne droplets that not wear a mask at all.

And infections are a part of life. Infections and getting infected is what keeps us healthy in the long run, they keep our immune system trained.

No one has the right to lock anyone up or to dictate the conditions under which to live, work, socialize, ... either IMHO. If you want to remove yourself from life, fine. Just don't force others to do so either, and don't blame them when something goes wrong with your own health or life.

But your government does have the right to manage your country for the greater good. I agree that care needs to be taken so that we don't go back to the situation like it was in Germany during the Nazi era,

Quote:
We figure that it is just a matter of time that you will not be able to get on an airplane or go to a show without wearing your ‘I’ve been vaccinated lanyard” around your neck.

For me, that would be a horrorscenario coming true. This is like having to wear star symbols in the 30s. But I agree, I'm afraid it is just a matter of time...

well, that situation already exists if you get involved in international travel (I am not counting travel inside the EU where you don't need a passport). When I emigrated from NZ to the UK I needed to get a vaccination certificate to show I had certain jabs to travel through China and Russia on the train. Later on I needed to go to French Guiana as part of my work and had a yellow fever vaccination to my certificate. What is different to having Covid added to this certificate?

thanks 6 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline IanC  
#21 Posted : 19 March 2021 18:39:25(UTC)
IanC

United Kingdom   
Us Brits have been very compliant and we have achieved high vaccination rates and while we might not have much faith in our government we do trust our NHS implicitly. This could be the critical difference between the UK and other developed countries.

IanC
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by IanC
Offline marklinist5999  
#22 Posted : 19 March 2021 20:42:09(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Exactly Alan and Ian! Those are the same facts Brazil said why America would see higher infection rates. We have too many here with the same mindset as DasBert.
My brother in law is one of them. He also follows Infowars and Alex Jones. Both are nut jobs and why my sister (a master degreed school teacher) is divorcing him. He already has brainwashed my nephew. He won't allow my niece to work with a mask on, so he pays for her car, insurance, gas, and recreation. No place allows employees not to wear one here.
By the way he owns a UPS pack/ship store. He won't wear a mask, thinks the mask traps the virous inside and you inhale it. He believes it's a Govt. scam. He is like the ones who stormed and ransacked the US capitol on January 6th, so he's also a Drumphtard. He thinks the covid vaccine's are a scam by big pharma, and against any govt. funded stimulous help for citizens not owning a small business.
Offline DasBert33  
#23 Posted : 19 March 2021 22:38:31(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Well thank you for categorising me in the looney bin with your brother in law :).

Not everyone who has reserves with the way things are handled now is a conspiracy theorist. Especially when it is about constitution rights and universal human rights. Maybe it is right to violate them, for 'the greater good'. But then it should be very well defined, what the goal is and what the limitations are. They can take drastic measures, but not for a whole year. As an example, we in Belgium have been living with a evening/night curfew since last summer. It is clearly, without any doubt, forbidden in the Belgian constitution to impose measures like a curfew, yet 'for the greater good' it is still going on. There is not even any date projected to cancel them. Same is true for a lot of the other measures. The police like the new rules ofcourse, it is very easy for them to control everyone now. But whether it makes any difference for a pandemic, thats a whole other matter.

I must say that the fanatism with which some people try to convince people of their opinion is very scary. There is no room for critisism or even rational 2nd thoughts. Everyone now just needs to follow the leader without questioning. That in a so-called free society. I am not surprised things go like that in China, but I never expected it to go like that here. There are valid points to be made about big pharma and things like mask obligations.

I refuse to go along with the obligated massthinking. It is very understandable in this context that people go to alternative media with dubious content. There is just no room anymore to voice an out of the box opinion on regular forums. You are immediately cancelled nowadays. (thank you for not cancelling me up to now, but I guess I am closer)

People getting sick and even dying from diseases is way more normal and natural than the society which is now artificially imposed on all of us. Even when the goal is probably justified, the means are not. But then again, that is just my humble opinion.

I would say, have some sympathy with your brother in law and other family. They are probably just trying to do what they think is right to make the world better. You cannot blame them for trying.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by DasBert33
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#24 Posted : 20 March 2021 11:42:11(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Although the comments about the Covid pandemic are interesting, I think we are starting to stray into politics and we are certainly way off the original topic about the 2021 IMA.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline marklinist5999  
#25 Posted : 20 March 2021 11:59:43(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Yes, and with that we close! I trust science and research and that takes time. So I do my part for the common good when something is preventable. For posterity sake! Peace!
Offline kiwiAlan  
#26 Posted : 26 March 2021 19:16:10(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Well, it is looking less and less likely that anyone outside Germany will get to the IMA this year if this report is to be believed.

To me it even looks doubtful if anyone inside Germany will get to go.

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#27 Posted : 27 March 2021 12:01:33(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Our state has a 600% case spike in the 25 to 40 yr. Age group. It's spring break time. Miami had to curfue beaches and clubs last week. May seem like if Chernobyl was in America people would be picnicking there because they can't see it smell the radiation.
Offline swisstrains  
#28 Posted : 29 March 2021 01:35:17(UTC)
swisstrains

Hi Everyone,

Even though with this uncertainty, at least several of us from California are all set to go! We have booked our flights and hotels back in January. If the Treff is cancelled, so be it. If the Treff is on, but quarantining is required upon arrival to Germany, at least I will cancel. Our flights can be changed without penalties, and our hotels can be cancelled without fees. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Stay well everyone!

Tak
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by swisstrains
Offline marklinist5999  
#29 Posted : 29 March 2021 13:42:41(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
I hope it's a go! Wish I were going too. Miniature Wonderland is first on the list though.
I don't know what the vaccination percentage is to Germany, but about 40% of Americans have had at least one shot.
Australia botched its roll out. Friends in Brisbane think it may be October before they get theirs.
Offline swisstrains  
#30 Posted : 29 March 2021 17:51:05(UTC)
swisstrains

I just found out that the Märklin Days for this year has been cancelled. :(

https://www.maerklin.de/...customer-service/events/

I wonder the rescheduled Eurospoor in Oct/Nov is next?

Tak
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by swisstrains
Offline kiwiAlan  
#31 Posted : 29 March 2021 17:58:38(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: swisstrains Go to Quoted Post

Tak

Well Tak, I'm not altogether surprised at that. I won't be surprised if Eurospoor is cancelled the way the situation is in Europe, with their low vaccination rates.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline marklinist5999  
#32 Posted : 29 March 2021 18:48:39(UTC)
marklinist5999

United States   
Bunmmer guy's! Anyone else experiencing insomnia or libido issues since lockdown a year ago? It's not physical. I'm sleeping better thanks to cbd oil, but the other problem persists. Deperssion can cause it. If I'm depressed it's only from still seeing very few people outside my own family.
Offline mrmarklin  
#33 Posted : 30 March 2021 03:06:57(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: swisstrains Go to Quoted Post

Tak

I’m seriously bummed out. I thought things were getting better. But apparently not. Crying
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline amysdad  
#34 Posted : 30 March 2021 17:46:18(UTC)
amysdad

United States   
The Marklin website does show cancelled for Marklin Days. That's new. Late last week it had it scheduled. I sent in a contact question to double check. Websites have been known to be wrong. Long shot, but worth the clarification. I would have thought they may have sent out a general note. Haven't heard back.
Offline ciobitud  
#35 Posted : 31 March 2021 12:06:40(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Spielwarenmesse Summer Edition is also canceled in Germany.

Quote from their email:
"Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic is still causing great uncertainty both nationally and internationally. The lack of prospects for the trade fair industry by the government makes reliable planning of the event impossible."

Probably the same reasoning for Märklin: they had a deadline for starting the actual preparations of the event and without clear prospects before this deadline, it is impossible to organise...