Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 16 February 2021 15:34:18(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Good morning fellow Märklin enthusiasts,

When’s the last time you saved your configuration on you ESU ECoS or Märklin CS2 or 3?

Here a little story on my error of judgement.

Sunday afternoon I decided to take out my n scale European model trains to have some fun. I setup the track on my dining room table. Meanwhile I disconnected my ESU ECoS from my main Märklin layout in the basement to use for the controller. I reset the voltage to 14V. Everything is set up and the N scale trains are running just fine!

Then I put on another DCC equipped locomotive. Somehow this one had a very long acceleration delay. So I changed the CV value, to no effect. Tried a few more setting which also did not take effect so I decided to reset the decoder. Guess what?

I accidentally pressed the “Reset device to factory settings” Crying

Ah I though! What the Cursing Bored Angry Angry !

I know I saved the configurations on my laptop then my heart sank as I realized that the laptop isn’t mine anymore as I gave it away just vaguely remembering that I reset that laptop to new when I did. Scared

So here I sit with the conviction to pass on my experience to you! Please after you have created all of you settings for your layout on your ECoS or CS2 or 3, please store your configuration as a backup on a computer so you will not experience what I have done!

To be honest for me all is not lost. This is going to be a good evaluation of my “lost” knowledge to revisit the basics of setting up my ECoS. With the added benefit is that it’s all from the OIU without any wiring involved!ThumpUp

Moral of the story, don’t press that button!RollEyes

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 16 February 2021 20:22:45(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
What's that got to do with the 6021?

Plus you have double posted this post, the other one I've moved into the Digital forum.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline michelvr  
#3 Posted : 17 February 2021 03:10:54(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Good question Bigdaddynz!

Why was my post moved and put into a this post?

I had this under a different heading and poof it disappeared! Trying to figure this out just now and I found it here? I got here because of a search with the word: ECoS. Seems the subject and description texts were changed by ?

Since I have way of modifying my post how did this happen?
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#4 Posted : 17 February 2021 05:14:21(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
It was moved into the Digital forum from the Review section after another member requested it, to which I agreed. Your post isn't a review of any item rather a hint for best use practice.

It may be that the forum software played tricks on us all and moved it here to the 6021 manual when I told it to move the post.

I've now created a new topic.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz