Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Spirre  
#1 Posted : 15 February 2021 21:48:54(UTC)
Spirre

Denmark   
Sorry if Im breaking any rules here. New to the forum. Took up my old marklin and did my first digital conversion as "corona lockdown" project.

I had an old 3060 Santa Fe which was brought used. I switched the motor with a 60943. Stripped everything else except for the light bulb. The show was very used, so I replaced with another (ot cerain which type). Used a mfx decoder 60760 according to the schematics. Unfortunately the loc is not recognised by te mobile station and the ligtbulb is continously blinking. Can anyone point a specific error here or is just due poor soldering somewhere.
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 15 February 2021 21:54:13(UTC)
H0

First error: 60760 is not mfx.
Not sure where the blinking could come from. Maybe share some photos.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Spirre  
#3 Posted : 15 February 2021 22:53:01(UTC)
Spirre

Denmark   
Thanks for the fast reply. IMG_1394.jpgIMG_1398.jpgIMG_1399.jpg
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 15 February 2021 23:27:12(UTC)
H0

Are orange and grey soldered to the same spot? That would be wrong.
Orange is only used for light bulbs that are not connected to the loco frame. As far as I can tell orange should not be used with that loco.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#5 Posted : 16 February 2021 01:30:48(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
The default address of 60760 is 78. Enter it manually to your MS and see whether you can make the loco move.

Concur with H0 above. I cannot quite see where the yellow cable is soldered to; it and the grey should go to the light bulb.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 16 February 2021 08:27:29(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Martti Mäntylä Go to Quoted Post
Enter it manually to your MS and see whether you can make the loco move.
And don't turn on the lights when orange and grey or orange and yellow are soldered together.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Johnvr  
#7 Posted : 16 February 2021 09:29:51(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hello

Yes, the orange wire should not be soldered anywhere, because the lights powered by the yellow and grey wires are grounded by the chassis.
So unsolder the orange wire and ensure that the wire end is not touching anything else, preferably put some insulation tape over the tip.

The 60760 does not automatically register itself on your system.
You have to go to the menu option where you manually create a new loco, and you describe which loco it will be.
The 60760 comes by default with address 78, and this address number can be changed with the menu option to whichever address number you prefer.

RegardsBigGrin
John
Offline Spirre  
#8 Posted : 16 February 2021 14:45:21(UTC)
Spirre

Denmark   
Thanks alot to everyone for the advice and input. Highly appreciated.

I did as suggested and now the loc moves BigGrin . Nicely spotted with the orange. I followed the schematics so probably my set-up is different.

Only issue is that the light is not working, however i havent checked the functions in the set-up yet.

I will see if this can be done for some of my older locs as well - would be a shame to not have them on the tracks again.

Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 16 February 2021 14:51:02(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Spirre Go to Quoted Post
Only issue is that the light is not working, however i havent checked the functions in the set-up yet.
If you burnt the grey output then maybe give the yellow output a try.

Originally Posted by: Spirre Go to Quoted Post
I followed the schematics so probably my set-up is different.
The front light is either connected to grey and orange without connection to the frame. Or it is connected to grey and frame without connection to orange. There is a warning not to connect orange to the frame.
There is no warning not to connect orange to grey, but still this can be harmful.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline artfull dodger  
#10 Posted : 16 February 2021 17:08:09(UTC)
artfull dodger

United States   
Here are two proper installs in 3060 Santa Fe F7s. One is with the 60906 decoder that retains the field wound motor. Second picture is with the 60972 decoder along with the 5 pole DCM style motor that replaces the SFCM motor that was originally in the model. The extra coiled wires in that model are for an additional light function I plan to add here soon. The upgraded motor one runs better obviously, with the old field wound flat communtator motor needing to run faster and it slows down and speeds up on its own, just like running on analog control. But that was the design of that decoder set up.
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Silly NT's..I have Asperger's Syndrome!!!!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by artfull dodger