Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2021 22:37:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
https://www.lsmodels.com/images/texte.jpg

No English version at present. Will try to post a translation later.

MC

Offline Unholz  
#2 Posted : 10 March 2021 14:20:52(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Very interesting announcements for Swiss modelers - but on the other hand, they are good in the art of announcing...: https://www.lsmodels.com...;%20SBB%202021.pdf?idU=3
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2021 16:53:06(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Since the first SBB EC coach was released in the ModelsWorld 1811 set, I have no reason to doubt that the other models will follow.
The latest information that I had was that the first release will be the Cisalpino coach set announced by Eyro and KML.

LSM has already released models of the Vectron, so the Swiss (SBB/BLS/WRS) models should not require too many changes and will also be on the market sooner than later.

The GTW (BLS/Regionalps) and Swiss Express might take a little longer.

In any case, some very interesting models in the pipes...

Regards

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 10 March 2021 18:40:17(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post
Very interesting announcements for Swiss modelers - but on the other hand, they are good in the art of announcing...: https://www.lsmodels.com...;%20SBB%202021.pdf?idU=3

They have been teasing that Rbe for a decade now...

Great stuff, but I'll believe it (and possibly buy it) when I see it. I am in the market for a Swiss Express set and an RBE in NPZ livery, and Piko/Arwico/Liliput pricing has not swayed me yet...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline ciobitud  
#5 Posted : 10 March 2021 23:48:15(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Unholz Go to Quoted Post

They have been teasing that Rbe for a decade now...

Great stuff, but I'll believe it (and possibly buy it) when I see it. I am in the market for a Swiss Express set and an RBE in NPZ livery, and Piko/Arwico/Liliput pricing has not swayed me yet...

Indeed!

On average it takes between 9 and 12 months since the final prototypes are presented on the LS Models website (they show pictures on a very regular basis) until their availability in stores. Since we are still only at 3D renders for the new announced models... I bet there will be nothing before 2022-2023 at the soonest.

And the market for RBe has been filled by Piko for a few years now... it only makes economic sense to wait 2-3 years before launching a new similar series.

But the postal coaches, Vectron locomotives, EC coaches and EW I restaurant coaches should be available at the announced dates, give or give 2-3 months. BigGrin

Still very excited by the NINA EMU and the EW III passenger coaches (the Liliput ones fill the gap in the meantime but they are far from the level of detail we should have from LS Models).
Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 11 March 2021 04:25:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The postal coaches are already out, so new variants should not take much time. The first EC model came out in the ModelsWorld Nightjet set. The next one is going to be the Eyro/KML Cisalpino set and the individual coaches should follow after that. The Vectrons should not take long, as LSM already has models on the market and the variants should not take long to produce. The Restaurant coaches are probably on rush to get as many out before Piko does. I think that they already put the Cheese Express on the back burner.

From what I have been hearing, the initial designs for the RABe 525 (BLS/TMR) are completed, so it would not take much to put into production.
As far as the EWIII, Tobias Kohler is likely doing the design. I had an exchange with him on one of the German forums today and he was asking for photos from the 1970s.
I found large size black & white photos from Wikipedia, but those coaches came out shortly after I returned home from Switzerland in 1972 and the series production was post 1974.

LSM will not be producing a locomotive, so I hope that Roco will put out a new edition of the Swiss Express and BLS Re 4/4 (420) so that modellers will have an option.
At least with the BLS trainset, you can run it with a Re 465, but the SBB push-pull can be run with any Re 4/4II but the original train requires the orange and gray loco.

I am excited about the EWIII, especially the original form models. I only have the EWIII in push-pull version and not the version with the giant SBB Logo on the train end.

I was thinking about getting a consist of SBB EC coaches in the recent "ICN" livery. I would then shift the Roco ones into push-pull trains.
I have to decide if I want to order the coaches in the original EC livery. Perhaps a few... we'll see.

Regards

Mike C
Offline ciobitud  
#7 Posted : 12 March 2021 08:06:43(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
From what I have been hearing, the initial designs for the RABe 525 (BLS/TMR) are completed, so it would not take much to put into production.

You are very well informed as usual: some pictures of early prototypes appeared on https://www.bahnonline.c...bls-ew-iii-neuheit-2021/

But I still doubt we will have a release this year, I bet on my side on 2nd half of 2022.
If we do have a release this year though, it means LS Models are starting to accelerate their production process (I can't remember any completely new model announced and released in the same year by them) and this would be very good news indeed!
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ciobitud