Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ciobitud  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2021 15:49:12(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Link: https://www.trainsdepot....swiss_novelties_2021_pdf

Like every year, Piko has some real novelties for the Swiss market! The only remaining problem remains the price... I don't know if this is only a personal feeling, but everything Swiss coming from Piko is much more expensive compared with the other models for Germany or Italy for example.
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by ciobitud
Offline mario54i  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2021 18:11:39(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
Let's hope that the BLS pilot coach made by ESU will not cost like the HAG SPS
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mario54i
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2021 20:32:15(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Agreed. I fully understand their need to make money, but it seems a bit shortsighted when you factor in volume. At the prices they have been charging, I have bought zero items. At 25-35% less (Marklin and Roco price point), I'd have spent thousands each year for the past few years. I just can't justify what is some cases is $90-100USD per passenger car

I wonder if it has something to do with the import into the Arwico distributorship in switzerland, some sort of tariff? In fairness all trains have the higher price point there then they do right across the border.
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mario54i  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2021 21:36:21(UTC)
mario54i

Italy   
Even if it's not an Arwico product, what do you think of the NME Lotschberg shuttle wagons at 110 € each ?
Offline Goofy  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2021 15:48:55(UTC)
Goofy

Still no news about ESU 2021...
I have seen autumn new BR216 but that´s all.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline ciobitud  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2021 17:25:29(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mario54i Go to Quoted Post
Even if it's not an Arwico product, what do you think of the NME Lotschberg shuttle wagons at 110 € each ?

Speaking of NME, the novelties folder is out: https://www.trainsdepot....w_items_2021_catalog_pdf

Regarding the price for the Lotschberg shuttle wagons, the price just increased to 114,90 € according to the new folder. Laugh And availability "Quart. 4/2021" usually means there is no chance to have them this year and probably not even next year.
But they are talking about some sort of light integration... this could justify a higher price (compared with the TWA flat wagons at 119,90€ piece that are, indeed, very detailed but at the end they still are... flat wagons).

I am excited by the Tm IV shunting locomotives. With a delivery date "Quart. 2/2021", there is a chance to have them by the end of the year (waiting for some official news from Mabartren to confirm).
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2021 20:08:13(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
I may have to order one of the Green BLS pilot coaches for my HAG train. Who carries the models? Any of the big shops like Lippe?
SBB Era 2-5
Offline ciobitud  
#8 Posted : 30 January 2021 20:58:02(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
I may have to order one of the Green BLS pilot coaches for my HAG train. Who carries the models? Any of the big shops like Lippe?

menzels-lokschuppen.de Cool
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 31 January 2021 01:21:50(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The green BLS pilot coach for the autotrain is made by Mabar. I do not know who will carry it outside of Switzerland. AFAIR Mabar is a Spanish company.
I know that Eyro, Roundhouse, Bahnorama and a number of other Swiss dealers had their recent Swiss offerings.

I seem to recall Memoba had some of the Austrian models and I think I also saw some items at Huenerbein. The catalog is produced by NME, which is a German company, so hopefully the line can be ordered at any large hobby shop.

The 5 coach Piko EWI set and the ESU pilot coach will be joining my collection this year. I remember these trainsets doing the Interlaken-Spiez-Interlaken runs and the Interlaken-Spiez-Zweisimmen runs (before Goldenpass). Good thing I have a few Rivarossi and Roco BLS Re 4/4s.

I wonder if they will do a variant with the old livery and BLS Lötschbergbahn Logo with the old doors for 2022?
If they do, I will assign the Piko EWI to that consist and use the Chäs Express Restaurant with some EWIV coaches.

Regards

Mike C
Offline ciobitud  
#10 Posted : 31 January 2021 23:03:34(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Goofy Go to Quoted Post
Still no news about ESU 2021...
I have seen autumn new BR216 but that´s all.

ESU 2021 novelties are out: https://www.trainsdepot....velties_2021_catalog_pdf Cool

Nothing much, except the G 1000 diesel locomotives...
Offline Swisscat  
#11 Posted : 11 February 2021 02:43:08(UTC)
Swisscat

United States   
I have had trouble finding NPZ coaches/railcars so I am excited for this NPZ Set from PIKO.

2-Piece Rbe 4/4 NPZ SBB IV Railcar + Control Wagon, (Digital Sound)
NPZ Railcar
Offline mike c  
#12 Posted : 11 February 2021 02:54:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I ordered the earlier Swiss only version of this set. It is very nice. You might want to order the matching EWI coaches as they are already in shops.
I ordered a set from Eyro with lighting and decoders built in. If I were to do that again, I would have it wired up so that a single function decoder would control the lights in all of the coaches.
Maybe you can find a dealer who will install and wire the lights from the decoder in the pilot coach.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Swisscat  
#13 Posted : 11 February 2021 06:54:43(UTC)
Swisscat

United States   
Do you mean this scheme? if so I ordered some. I want to find more of the blue and white livery coaches though

UserPostedImage
NPZ
Offline rbw993  
#14 Posted : 11 February 2021 15:26:50(UTC)
rbw993

United States   
Piko makes them in the bottom (NPZ) scheme. They come in two car sets. I installed Trainaids motion sensitive lights in my cars. Just stick them to the roof and add the battery. No contacts, decoders or wiring are necessary.

As Mike noted the only issue with the set is that the function for trailer car interior lights isn't synced properly with the cab car functions. You have to turn on the trailer light separately because the same function button triggers a momentary function that plays a station announcement and shuts off the trailer lights.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#15 Posted : 11 February 2021 18:20:37(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: rbw993 Go to Quoted Post
Piko makes them in the bottom (NPZ) scheme. They come in two car sets. I installed Trainaids motion sensitive lights in my cars. Just stick them to the roof and add the battery. No contacts, decoders or wiring are necessary.

As Mike noted the only issue with the set is that the function for trailer car interior lights isn't synced properly with the cab car functions. You have to turn on the trailer light separately because the same function button triggers a momentary function that plays a station announcement and shuts off the trailer lights.

Thanks guys! I've been after an NPZ set, but the confusion of "Swiss market only" mixed with 540/trailer being available, but the cars never being available at the same time has annoyed me to the point of not trying. Especially at the price, which is steep but this is a model I have long-wanted.

I need to ping a US dealer and see if they can get me everything at once somehow. If not I may just play the long and patient game via watching ebay...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#16 Posted : 11 February 2021 23:45:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
AFAIK, the 2021 model will be available internationally. As far as the coaches, there have been several sets so far.
The first one contained an EWI AB and EWI B. The second set contained an EWI A and EWI B.
Since then, there was a second set with EWI AB and EWI B and a new one with a pair of EWI B.

96784 EWI B, EWI B
96785 EWI AB, EWI B

The original sets were:

96780 EWI AB, EWI B
96781 EWI A, EWI B

Many dealers are offering them with AC wheelsets under the same number, but with AC at the end (e.g. 96784AC)

Recommended sources for Swiss Piko models are Roundhouse.ch, eyro.ch, starrail on Ricardo.ch (see starrail.ch), huenerbein.de (Germany)
If anybody needs more recommendations, send me a PM

These models were exclusively produced for Arwico, the Swiss distributor and foreign dealers have to buy them from Arwico and not directly from Piko, which partially explains the higher costs. Some similar versions were deliverable directly from Piko and may have a slightly lower cost as a result.

Regards

Mike C
Offline ciobitud  
#17 Posted : 23 March 2021 00:11:29(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
The development status of the SBB Ae 6/6 electric locomotive in the latest YouTube video from Piko:

The level of detail seems indeed very impressive!!!
And if I understand correctly, they will use for the first time some sort of melted silver composite instead of silver paint for the decorations... they definitely seem to go the extra step for the Swiss market at Piko! Drool
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ciobitud
Offline mike c  
#18 Posted : 23 March 2021 04:48:31(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I received a link to the Youtube video this morning (Monday). When they are presenting the Ae 6/6, the model which is on the track section is numbered 11402 and is labelled for the Canton Uri. The one which he is holding in his hands (with the chrome painted stripe) is numbered 11401 and is labelled for the Canton of Ticino.

Piko and Arwico have so far only announced a model of the 11401 "Ticino" in DC, DC Sound and AC Sound versions. There was also an announced model of the 11470 "City of Thun" locomotive, in the newer red livery. There was no announced model of 11402 "Uri". I suspect that this means that a follow-up model is to come.

I hope that one of the canton locomotives comes out in a livery that would be suitable for the early 1970s. I have a few 1950/60s and a few from 1980 on from Maerklin and Hag.

I was reading one of the Italian forums and it is mentioned that the 11401 "Ticino" has the red "falschfahrlicht" underneath the top headlight, while the 11402 "Uri" shown in the video has only the single top headlight, which would indicate a more modern appearance for that locomotive.

Regards

Mike C
Offline ciobitud  
#19 Posted : 23 March 2021 09:52:10(UTC)
ciobitud

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
I received a link to the Youtube video this morning (Monday). When they are presenting the Ae 6/6, the model which is on the track section is numbered 11402 and is labelled for the Canton Uri. The one which he is holding in his hands (with the chrome painted stripe) is numbered 11401 and is labelled for the Canton of Ticino.

Piko and Arwico have so far only announced a model of the 11401 "Ticino" in DC, DC Sound and AC Sound versions. There was also an announced model of the 11470 "City of Thun" locomotive, in the newer red livery. There was no announced model of 11402 "Uri". I suspect that this means that a follow-up model is to come.

I hope that one of the canton locomotives comes out in a livery that would be suitable for the early 1970s. I have a few 1950/60s and a few from 1980 on from Maerklin and Hag.

I was reading one of the Italian forums and it is mentioned that the 11401 "Ticino" has the red "falschfahrlicht" underneath the top headlight, while the 11402 "Uri" shown in the video has only the single top headlight, which would indicate a more modern appearance for that locomotive.

Regards

Mike C

Very interesting, didn't even notice that part!

I guess (as with RBe 4/4 and Re 4/4 models), they will initially release the models exclusive for Arwico and soon after similar models available via the entire Piko resellers network.