Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline magicmushroom  
#1 Posted : 17 January 2021 20:35:43(UTC)
magicmushroom

United Kingdom   
The CS3 has a utility to do Event Logging but so far I have been unable to find any explanation to how it works and what information it will log.
Under CS3 Settings there is an entry for enabling Logging and if you then select Events and select an empty area in the header the Event Logging window is displayed however this window remains empty and is removed from the screen by selecting the tick box.
On the settings window for logging it states "Logging is used to record the error states. Please set the properties before activating logging. When deactivating the log data is saved in a backup window. I have looked in the CS3 backup folder but there doesn't appear to be any new zip files added to the directory. I did a backup to my USB drive and then examined the file for any entries which may have the logging information. There were none.
Marklin may have issued a tech note regarding this issue but with no luck.

Offline plutoodie  
#2 Posted : 22 January 2021 19:54:48(UTC)
plutoodie

I suspect it is a feature for troubleshooting the software and should only be used if requested by Marklin. I have not heard that anybody say they found it useful - or event what it shows...
HHJJ
Bo Jensen
Offline Magicmike  
#3 Posted : 22 January 2021 21:25:14(UTC)
Magicmike

United Kingdom   
That’s what I suspected that it’s a feature left in by the software developers to help them iron out bugs. Being an industrial software developer myself I have often put in back doors to help me debug a process but these are not readily evident to the user. But in this case Marklin have left it visible but with no explanation.
Offline clapcott  
#4 Posted : 24 January 2021 08:54:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I don't agree with the generic use of the term "software"

The logs appear quite obvious , and are an aid for users configuring their own events

More to the point, however, I suspect you are asking how to "interpret" the logs rather than the log entries themselves.
They relate to your events, you are the only one able to add that sort of context. I would not expect Marklin to offer that level of developer support.
Peter
Offline Magicmike  
#5 Posted : 24 January 2021 09:45:25(UTC)
Magicmike

United Kingdom   
From your reply it gives the impression that you have had some experience of using the logging facility. What I was expecting to see was a log listing events as they were activated so that I could use it to help me find an event which gets activated in what appears to be a random manner. However to get back to my original question how do you activate logging. All I get is a blank window and I have tried different configurations in the settings window ie level 0,1 & 2 and small to large files. So I’m not asking how to “interpret “ the logs only to get the logs to display some information.