Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline frickwg  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2021 20:31:43(UTC)
frickwg

United States   
I have converted a Marklin 3460, SBB 460, to Lokpilot 5.0 digital – New motor and chip.

I would like to replace the incandescent bulbs (no base, wires soldered directly to bulb, fits into plastic holder (part # E6410040) with LEDs.

I know how to add a diode and a resistor, as needed, but which LED would be the right size? Marklin part # ? 3rd Party?
Offline g-gekko  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2021 21:46:46(UTC)
g-gekko

Norway   
You can use Märklin sparepart E172883 (pcb with leds). They are made for the re 460. You will also need sparepart E170888 (holder that fits the lcd board) and E279091 (new glass parts that lines up correctly with the lcd board. You will need 2 of the lcd board and 2 of the glassparts.

The PCB has separate connection for left and right warmwhite led, red leds and the top light. Makes it possible to program prototypical Swiss signal scheme.

Be careful - the PCB does not have any resistors, so you will have to add them.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by g-gekko
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2021 03:57:00(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you are going to convert an early 346XX Re 460 to LEDs, you are going to need the following:

2 x LED panel
2 x Mount for LED panel
2 x Light Channel for top light
2 x Cab insert

The light channel for the top light used to run down the back of the cab insert and then along the underside to the bulb on the left side (the one that goes off when at the rear)
There were fixation points on the underside of the cab insert to hold the light channel in place. The new LED panel has a third LED for the top light and the new light channel leads to that new location and the cab insert has fixation points for the new design.

The cab insert for the earlier models with LEDs is no longer available and the 39461 does not even show this as an available part.

What you might be able to do is to find a 40300 dummy and transfer the motor from your model to that one, which would give you all the parts you need.
There may be 3rd Party LED boards that work with the original setup, where the top light gets it's source from the leftmost LED, but you would lose any option to have independent control of the LEDs.

Regards

Mike C
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 08 January 2021 07:30:17(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I usually program the headlights as follows: 1 white light right: F0 forward, 1 white light right: F0 reverse, 2 white lights: top and left hand light: Aux 1 vorward, 2 white lights: top and left hand light: Aux 2, 1 red light back right: Aux 3, 1 red light front: Aux 4, 1 red light left back: Aux 5, 1 red light left front: Aux 6, interior light cab front: Aux 7, interior cab light back: Aux 8

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline bph  
#5 Posted : 08 January 2021 16:46:04(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Hi, you should also know that some milling might be required, if you use a LED board.

I upgraded my 34635 with E172883 modules (+mounts), and I used a Dremmel to do the milling.

for 3rd party options, take a look at luessi.ch and johnsoldeert.nl

I also purchased new Light Channels for the top light (E231483 kit), and they fitted ok on the original cab insert and without glue. so new cab inserts might not be required.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph