Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2021 00:22:19(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The locomotive/train caught fire, the driver bailed and the train continued on its own without an operator for about another 25km down the track of the Schwarzwaldbahn, until it was derailed and stopped on a commercial track at Gengenbach and the fire put out. As the train worked its way down the tracks it started several brush fires as it went.

I would have expected the driver to put the brakes on and bring it to a halt before bailing on the locomotive, not just jump out and let a flaming locomotive become a runaway. Maybe the problem in the engine compartment also involved or disabled the brake system.

Burning 711.1 - July 2020 - 2.jpg

Burning 711.1 - July 2020.jpg

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 7 users liked this useful post by Minok
Offline kiwiAlan  
#2 Posted : 05 January 2021 00:52:33(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Minok Go to Quoted Post
The locomotive/train caught fire, the driver bailed and the train continued on its own without an operator for about another 25km down the track of the Schwarzwaldbahn, until it was derailed and stopped on a commercial track at Gengenbach and the fire put out. As the train worked its way down the tracks it started several brush fires as it went.

I would have expected the driver to put the brakes on and bring it to a halt before bailing on the locomotive, not just jump out and let a flaming locomotive become a runaway. Maybe the problem in the engine compartment also involved or disabled the brake system.

Well, that would have been exciting to watch. Looks like it wasn't travelling at any great speed thankfully.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan