Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline bmc1275  
#1 Posted : 31 December 2020 15:06:21(UTC)
bmc1275

Japan   
I have a Insider model 103.1 No.39170. I a delighted with this model but I starting to have a problem with operation of pantograph.
I always follow the instruction about hoe to operate but something gone wrong as my pantograph never go back to closed position fully.
They go to full up position without any problem. Can someone give me an advice? Is there anyway to reset the position?

IMG_9174[1].JPGIMG_9172[1].JPG
IMG_9173[1].JPGIMG_9174[1].JPG

Thank you very much.

Confused

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bmc1275
Offline hxmiesa  
#2 Posted : 31 December 2020 19:38:04(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
If you play too much with it, it goes limp...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by hxmiesa
Offline ktsolias  
#3 Posted : 01 January 2021 23:08:52(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
A common problem
The cure is very difficult.

Actually the thin plastic wire which connect the servo motor with the pantograph has slip on the connection with the motor arm.

You can correct this and fix the wire in the correct position.

Difficult any way....

Costas

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ktsolias
Offline nmarques  
#4 Posted : 03 January 2021 16:00:28(UTC)
nmarques

Portugal   
Hi!

I have the M39150, (the BR 103 with short cabs and double arm pantograph) but I think the mechanism is almost the same.

I already had the same problem, while cleaning the roof, the cloth locked and pulled the pantograph. The result: the pantograph did not lowered the same again.
The solution: with the CS2, I raised the pantograph by the function. After that, I opened the loco and took the small plastic cylinder (circled red on the photos), then I pulled the wire, just until the pantograph started to lower and locked it again with the plastic cylinder. Pay attention to not force the servo, it can get damaged.
It took for me 3 times to adjust the wire lenght on the servo to get a good range of motion on the mechanism.

BR103_1.jpg

BR103_2.jpg

Good luck!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by nmarques
Offline bmc1275  
#5 Posted : 03 January 2021 16:45:57(UTC)
bmc1275

Japan   
Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
If you play too much with it, it goes limp...

Thank you very much for your advice but I only operated several timers, I am not sure how many is too many...
Offline bmc1275  
#6 Posted : 03 January 2021 16:48:46(UTC)
bmc1275

Japan   
Originally Posted by: nmarques Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

I have the M39150, (the BR 103 with short cabs and double arm pantograph) but I think the mechanism is almost the same.

I already had the same problem, while cleaning the roof, the cloth locked and pulled the pantograph. The result: the pantograph did not lowered the same again.
The solution: with the CS2, I raised the pantograph by the function. After that, I opened the loco and took the small plastic cilinder (circled red on the photos), then I pulled the wire, just until the pantograph started to lower and locked it again with the plastic cilinder. Pay attention to not force the servo, it can get damaged.
It took for me 3 times to adjust the wire lenght on the servo to get a good range of motion on the mechanism.

BR103_1.jpg

BR103_2.jpg

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your very clear instruction, I will try to check and if possible, I will do it by myself!

Soichi
Offline bmc1275  
#7 Posted : 03 January 2021 16:53:00(UTC)
bmc1275

Japan   
Originally Posted by: ktsolias Go to Quoted Post
A common problem
The cure is very difficult.

Actually the thin plastic wire which connect the servo motor with the pantograph has slip on the connection with the motor arm.

You can correct this and fix the wire in the correct position.

Difficult any way....

Costas

Thank you very much for your advice. I will check on that.
Offline nmarques  
#8 Posted : 03 January 2021 16:55:58(UTC)
nmarques

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: bmc1275 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nmarques Go to Quoted Post
Hi!

The solution: with the CS2, I raised the pantograph by the function. After that, I opened the loco and took the small plastic cilinder (circled red on the photos), then I pulled the wire, just until the pantograph started to lower and locked it again with the plastic cilinder. Pay attention to not force the servo, it can get damaged.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your very clear instruction, I will try to check and if possible, I will do it by myself!

Soichi

It is not that difficult. Only be very gently handling these small parts/mechanics. Be careful!
Also, pay attention whenever you need to work them by hand, to always set them raised using the function on the control, and after you can lower and/or lock them after. Also for this reparation it is very very important to raise them "eletronically" first.