Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Garoux  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2020 18:38:21(UTC)
Garoux

France   
My layout is finished for this moment.
Track type C. about 25m in deployed distance.
I decided to try my CS3 with it. ant test some locos running
9 swithes that operate correctly by pressing the screen
I turn the CS3 on with my most beautifull steam loco. a BR 38 bought two weeks before
First, it seems to me that a very long time is necessary to CS3 for boot.
[Mad My loco remain on the track without any sound and without any light (However using MS2 all was ok!)
I do not remember how i arrived on a parameter that search to extract data from loco but this extraction do not succeed. The error message at end is :
data extraction failed because CHANNEL PROTOCOL track DCC DISABLED!
Concerning the release of my CS3 I do not know it but I bought it about two weeks ago.
I had test the loco few days before on a simple track 24188 connected to cs3 and it worked! The différence is the length of tracks and my nine swiches with décodeur mfx.
Do somebody among you cant show me the direction to find a solution?
Thank you for your attention.
Alain.Confused
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 23 October 2020 19:30:39(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Originally Posted by: Garoux Go to Quoted Post
Concerning the release of my CS3 I do not know it but I bought it about two weeks ago.
I had test the loco few days before on a simple track 24188 connected to cs3 and it worked! The différence is the length of tracks and my nine swiches with décodeur mfx.

Hi Alain
Even if just bought the CS3 it may not have the latest software so check for updates. The latest version is 2.1
Normally a factory-fresh CS3 is set with all protocols enabled (DCC, MFX, MM) but before your purchase, some may have set it differently so it is no big deal to set the protocols you want.
Why DCC? I am surprised Isn't your brand new BR38 the new Märklin MFX one?

There also the BR38 factory fresh has all protocols enabled so MFX should be the one in use BUT someone may have disabled the MFX protocol.
In this case you have to enable the DCC protocol on your BR 38 to edit the allowed protocols and allow MFX to be used

May be I misunderstood your problem
Cheers
Jean
Offline Garoux  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2020 10:21:18(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Garoux Go to Quoted Post

Hi Alain
Even if just bought the CS3 it may not have the latest software so check for updates. The latest version is 2.1
Normally a factory-fresh CS3 is set with all protocols enabled (DCC, MFX, MM) but before your purchase, some may have set it differently so it is no big deal to set the protocols you want.
Why DCC? I am surprised Isn't your brand new BR38 the new Märklin MFX one?

Cheers
Jean

Hi john!
Laugh During the night (this last night in france) I thought that I omitted some details of my layout configuration. I did not achieved completly the startup surface of my CS3. For example, two other switches with decoder mfx and a M83 connected to 2 unplug tracks (24997 i think).
Without technical knowledge, I think that the CS3 during the boot, is trying to recognize all this 3 news mfx accessories not yet registerd and it is not available for configuration of my BR38.
I must give an other details about my problem. ( The little BR80 014 Museum I bought at the begining, run but without sound and lights
Thank you for your attention, I must do some works before try again.Confused

1. Complete the accessories on the start up surface of the CS3
2. restart a test with a simple track, the CS3, the BR38

Offline JohnjeanB  
#4 Posted : 24 October 2020 12:34:48(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Alain
Not sure about the CS3 start time. I would expect 2 minutes
Not having completed your layout on the screen or having omitted some switches cannot cause a problem or delay in starting the CS3.
The non-registered units (switches) are just ignored.
If your BR38 and also your BR80 014 Museum have no sound it may come from a different set-up on your CS3 and on your MS2
Make sure the key "running sound" is on and the sound level is above 200
Here is a video in English but it is old (2016)

Here is a video on the subject sorry it is in German

Cheers
Jean
Offline Garoux  
#5 Posted : 24 October 2020 17:49:01(UTC)
Garoux

France   
Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Alain
Not sure about the CS3 start time. I would expect 2 minutes
Not having completed your layout on the screen or having omitted some switches cannot cause a problem or delay in starting the CS3.
The non-registered units (switches) are just ignored.
If your BR38 and also your BR80 014 Museum have no sound it may come from a different set-up on your CS3 and on your MS2
Cheers
Jean

Hello JohnJeanB!
About DCC protocol disabled : sincere thank you for your attention. It was a parameter of the CS3 which changed. Not change from me.
I phoned to the seller "Au Pullman where I Bought the CS3. They help me to find a parameter in the system of the CS3. DCC recognizing was off.
I need to let some days without marklin for resting me. Perhaps I will return to my layout when I will receive a 60145 to increase the connection length of a s88.