Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mr. Ron  
#1 Posted : 20 October 2020 05:20:56(UTC)
Mr. Ron

United States   
[img=autocad viaduct drawing]Marklin M- tyrack in 11x12 room[/img]

I bought much track from E-bay, starting 3 months ago. I haven't bought any more since 2 months ago. Today I went on E-bay to see what is new. I have found the prices of everything has increased quite a bit from what it was 3 months ago. Fortunately I bought when I did. I think I got some pretty good deals. There is a seller called Eckert Engineering who appears to be buying up large lots of track, refurbishing it and reselling at a higher price. I originally chose M track because it was priced reasonable. Now it is too expensive; glad I bought when I did.

Edited by moderator 20 October 2020 12:53:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Mr. Ron
Offline cookee_nz  
#2 Posted : 20 October 2020 12:46:32(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
You'll need to retry adding that image again, looks like you tried to add an image that's stored on your local PC but that won't work.

You'll either need to "attach" it using the paperclip icon (and then you point to where it's stored on your PC), or upload the image to your albums (in your profile) and then you can insert it as an image.

The single picture "insert image" icon is for an image from an external source such as an image hosting service.

The overlapping "insert album image" icon refers to an album in your profile and therefore hosted on the forum server.

Hope that makes sense.
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 20 October 2020 12:52:01(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Re M track, we've heard it's quite expensive in the USA, here in our club, we can't hardly give it away!! Anyone can buy, you'll just need to fly here, and join up !! BigGrin
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline sjbartels  
#4 Posted : 21 October 2020 04:46:09(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: Mr. Ron Go to Quoted Post
[img=autocad viaduct drawing]Marklin M- tyrack in 11x12 room[/img]

I bought much track from E-bay, starting 3 months ago. I haven't bought any more since 2 months ago. Today I went on E-bay to see what is new. I have found the prices of everything has increased quite a bit from what it was 3 months ago. Fortunately I bought when I did. I think I got some pretty good deals. There is a seller called Eckert Engineering who appears to be buying up large lots of track, refurbishing it and reselling at a higher price. I originally chose M track because it was priced reasonable. Now it is too expensive; glad I bought when I did.

Mr Eckert tends to be a little ambitious in his pricing typically. If you're wanting more M track, I have quite a bit here in Texas and I'd be happy to part with for what we both consider a reasonable price. Drop me a PM
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
Offline marklin81  
#5 Posted : 21 October 2020 20:26:43(UTC)
marklin81

United States   
Another vote that the seller you identified has prices that are a bit steep. Another resources is trainz.com, especially if you are looking for large assortments of various M track pieces.

Of note, Mr. Eckert publishes a handy (and free) track planning and wiring booklet: MarklinWiringBooklet.pdf (170kb) downloaded 49 time(s).
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by marklin81
Offline sjbartels  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2020 04:21:25(UTC)
sjbartels

United States   
Originally Posted by: marklin81 Go to Quoted Post
Another resources is trainz.com

Trainz are a viable option, and have used them in the past. Their postage/shipping though, they have a tendency to ship with FedEx Home saver and so it's a crap shoot of how quickly you receive your product. But they are extremely customer friendly and pre-Covid, was offered a tour of their facility the next time I am in Atlanta for work.
American by Geography, Australian by Birth. I am an original Ameristraylian
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by sjbartels