Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mgbeck  
#1 Posted : 12 October 2020 01:34:50(UTC)
mgbeck

United States   
First of all I have two layouts, one controlled by a cs3 and one controlled by an Intellibox. I just got an mfx engine, and it works perfectly with the MFX protocol.. but when I put it on my Intellibox layout and use the MM2/MM protocol to control the engine, the engine does not respond. To test the engine I placed it on my CS3 layout and tried to use control it using MM protocol, to no avail. I also tried DCC as well, and still no response.

Has anyone seen this?

Thanks!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 12 October 2020 02:01:50(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mgbeck Go to Quoted Post
To test the engine I placed it on my CS3 layout and tried to use control it using MM protocol, to no avail. I also tried DCC as well, and still no response.

That will not work unless you disabled mfx and DCC first on the CS3.

There is a hierarchy the CS3/CS2 uses to determine which protocol is used

1st - mfx
2nd - DCC
3rd - MM

If all protocols are enabled on the controller and the decoder in the loco supports all 3 protocols, that's the order that will be used. To use MM on an mfx loco, you first need to disable mfx and DCC on the CS3.

As for the Intellibox, make sure that your loco definition is set to use MM and that MM is enabled.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bigdaddynz
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 12 October 2020 10:55:20(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: mgbeck Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone seen this?
Yes. Modern Märklin locos support mfx, DCC, and MM. In the presence of DCC signals, MM commands will be ignored.

Try running the loco with DCC - default address is 3. Or disable DCC in the loco to make it respond to MM commands. No need to disable mfx in the loco because the Intellibox does not send mfx signals.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0