Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline michelvr  
#1 Posted : 30 August 2020 17:33:00(UTC)
michelvr

My layout is using Märklin C tracks and I run Märklin trains.

I am using the digital system from ESU electronic solutions ulm GmbH & Co for train control. With all of their components which includes the ECoS and the ESU Detector 50094 and ESU Detector Extension on my layout. The detection of trains on the detected tracks works as advertised with the system.

I have come to a technical issue with using the Märklin 74391 Colour Light Block Signal.

I would like to use the Märklin 74391 Colour Light Block Signal which has only two wires. There is a light blue and a dark blue wire that are connected to the signal itself. The LED’s on the signal which are two separate LEDs (Red, Green) are 18 volts DC. With the wires connected I am only able to have one light on and I am not able to have the other light go on but when I change the polarity the lights change from Red to Green. How would I wire this to the ESU Detector Extension and is it possible or do I need a module that will reverse the polarity?

The ESU Extension has 1+, 2+ and a common.

Thanks, Michel
Offline michelvr  
#2 Posted : 17 September 2020 00:56:50(UTC)
michelvr

The solution has been found and the issue is finally resolved! What does that mean? I’m saying goodbye to the Märklin 74391 Colour Light Block Signal and “Hello” to my new signals from EVE Model!

I can now report that I have signals working just as the Nederlandse Spoorwegen* prototype on my layout.

Green Aspect; Green: proceed

Yellow Aspect; Yellow: reduce speed to max 40 km/h (the next signal may display a red aspect);

Red Aspect; Red: stop in front of the signal.

Best of all I have the signals working with the ESU ECoS in conjunction with the ESU Detector and ESU Detector Extension. Which means that if there is no train on the track being detected, the signal is lit “Green”. If there is a train on the track being detected the signal is lit ”Red”. And on three sections of detected track the second track displays a lit “Yellow” signal when there is a train on the third detected track. Confusing yes but it works!

Now this is CoolCool Cool

*All that I have to do now is paint the mast black with equal parts white to have then NS prototypical!

Thank you AliExpress!

8C74066E-A262-417A-9E9A-A49E09CBC3DA.jpeg
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline michelvr  
#3 Posted : 22 September 2020 15:26:25(UTC)
michelvr

I thought to post some pictures of my painted signals that I will be using on my layout.

These signals were silver in colour when I bought them and now they are black with white bands.

My focus was to paint then like the Dutch Netherlands Spoorwagen signals, and even though I have the WWW on my computer finding pictures of the signals was a bit daunting!

88D86810-C0B0-451E-B586-14CF4DC6DDF0.jpegCB86CACB-657B-4E69-9521-0E36A0118C3A.jpeg

Edited by user 22 September 2020 19:26:47(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by michelvr