Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kehdi737w  
#1 Posted : 27 June 2020 10:37:38(UTC)
kehdi737w

Switzerland   
Hello everyone,

I am planning to digitalize a C Gleis layout ( with CS3 + ). I have 12 turnouts, 3 uncouplers and 8 Viessmann 4011 signals. Total 23 solenoid accessories.

1) I will need 6 m83 decoders. Do I need external power supply to run them?

2) for the viessmann 4011 signals i also have the box 5221. How shall I connect the box 5221 to the m83? I guess blu cables 1 left 1 right, yellow ( which now goes to trafo ) goes in the middle, and brown ( which also goes to trafo now ) goes to the 0 ( brown track ) connection.

3) i also have many house/street/car lights. These are now all connected together to a single yellow cable to the trafo via control box to turn them on and off. How can I connect all of them to the m83? Do I need to connect them singularly or all together is ok? I see online that I should use a resistor, is it right?

4) how shall I connect the uncoupler track to the m83?

Thanks,
Marco
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 29 August 2020 09:50:34(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: kehdi737w Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone,

I am planning to digitalize a C Gleis layout ( with CS3 + ). I have 12 turnouts, 3 uncouplers and 8 Viessmann 4011 signals. Total 23 solenoid accessories.

1) I will need 6 m83 decoders. Do I need external power supply to run them?

No...if not less you want external power supply.

Quote:
2) for the viessmann 4011 signals i also have the box 5221. How shall I connect the box 5221 to the m83? I guess blu cables 1 left 1 right, yellow ( which now goes to trafo ) goes in the middle, and brown ( which also goes to trafo now ) goes to the 0 ( brown track ) connection.

Just simple follow the manual of the box 5221 how to connect the signal and connect the box 5221 to the m83.

Quote:
3) i also have many house/street/car lights. These are now all connected together to a single yellow cable to the trafo via control box to turn them on and off. How can I connect all of them to the m83? Do I need to connect them singularly or all together is ok? I see online that I should use a resistor, is it right?

I recommend you to use switch decoder m84 and if you have AC light use trafo as external power supply connect to the outputs of the m84.

Quote:
4) how shall I connect the uncoupler track to the m83?

There is a video in the Youtube which Märklin do have a channel. They shows how to use uncoupler track with the m83.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control