Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gauravk84  
#1 Posted : 12 June 2020 12:08:04(UTC)
gauravk84

Hi Everybody,

I have a station with platform which is fairly long. I have tried to connect two signals on that one station track. I have a c track layout and when I connect both signals one facing east and the other facing west they both fail collectively. Is this a wiring issue or can you only set up one signal on one track?

Thanks
Gaurav
Offline torhb  
#2 Posted : 12 June 2020 13:49:58(UTC)
torhb

Originally Posted by: gauravk84 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everybody,

I have a station with platform which is fairly long. I have tried to connect two signals on that one station track. I have a c track layout and when I connect both signals one facing east and the other facing west they both fail collectively. Is this a wiring issue or can you only set up one signal on one track?

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav.

It's most definitely a wiring problem. Please tell us more about what you have done.

Regards
Tor
Tor Harald Bøhler
Oppegård, Norway
Offline gauravk84  
#3 Posted : 12 June 2020 14:34:38(UTC)
gauravk84

Originally Posted by: torhb Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everybody,

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav.

It's most definitely a wiring problem. Please tell us more about what you have done.

Regards
Tor

Hi,

On the left hand side of the line with the signal facing east I have wired it according to the schematic given with the signal. signal setup.png

For the right hand side of the line with my signal facing west i have wired it similarly but then turned the tracks around with my signal facing west.

The problem is that with my signal on green when the loco enters the block is stops. Same thing when the loco enters from the other direction.

One signal works fine but with the addition of another signal on the same line both fail.
Offline hxmiesa  
#4 Posted : 12 June 2020 14:43:32(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Hehe... sounds like you are trying to power them from the middle section; the one that is now wihtout power supply, as the signals cut the track off at each end... ;-)
(as in; You forgot the "jumper bridge"?)
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline gauravk84  
#5 Posted : 12 June 2020 16:08:45(UTC)
gauravk84

Originally Posted by: hxmiesa Go to Quoted Post
Hehe... sounds like you are trying to power them from the middle section; the one that is now wihtout power supply, as the signals cut the track off at each end... ;-)
(as in; You forgot the "jumper bridge"?)

Hi,
No did not forget the jumper bridge. The problem is that one signal works but both on the same line don't.
Offline Drjoe11  
#6 Posted : 13 June 2020 00:00:01(UTC)
Drjoe11

United States   
I think the double red wire that supplies the block with power is in the wrong place on the signal. It should be right next to the red and brown connection on the signal control. At least that is the way it is on my 70412 Semaphore signals.
Offline gauravk84  
#7 Posted : 13 June 2020 13:52:47(UTC)
gauravk84

Originally Posted by: Drjoe11 Go to Quoted Post
I think the double red wire that supplies the block with power is in the wrong place on the signal. It should be right next to the red and brown connection on the signal control. At least that is the way it is on my 70412 Semaphore signals.

ok. I will try to wire it like you suggested.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#8 Posted : 15 June 2020 01:30:32(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Everybody,

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Each signal must have its own "dead" block.
If you connect two signals to the same dead block, one red signal turns off that block regardless if the other signal is green.

So please use one dead block for the east signal.
And use another dead block for the west signal.
Maybe the dead blocks can be at opposite ends of the platform.
But I think you will find with two separate "dead" blocks, your train will stop at the red signal block regardless of the direction of travel.

regards
Kimball

HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline gauravk84  
#9 Posted : 15 June 2020 13:09:07(UTC)
gauravk84

Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everybody,

Thanks
Gaurav

Hi Gaurav,

Each signal must have its own "dead" block.
If you connect two signals to the same dead block, one red signal turns off that block regardless if the other signal is green.

So please use one dead block for the east signal.
And use another dead block for the west signal.
Maybe the dead blocks can be at opposite ends of the platform.
But I think you will find with two separate "dead" blocks, your train will stop at the red signal block regardless of the direction of travel.

regards
Kimball

Hi Kimball,

Thanks for the information and advice.
I will try two separate dead block failing which I will resort to just one signal and one dead block on my platform.

Thanks a ton!