Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ocram63_uk  
#1 Posted : 28 May 2020 17:57:16(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Good afternoon everyone.
I have a Marklin S 3/6 on which I had installed a Loksound v. 3 many years ago.
This has, only, 8 sound functions.
I'm wondering this decoder how many it actually has and if I'm missing some.
My EcOS more than these does not show.

I have lost the screeching noise when the loco stops.

Am wondering if I should reset this decoder to factory settings to see if I get it back to normal.

IFound the manual on ESU's website :-)

Thank you
Marco
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 28 May 2020 18:46:28(UTC)
H0

If you do not have documentation for the sound project on the decoder, then I'd recommend configuring F0 through F15 on the ECoS and try them all to find out what they do.

You can also read the decoder with the ECoS and check the function mapping.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ocram63_uk  
#3 Posted : 28 May 2020 19:45:23(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I've reset the decoder, deleted the email loco from EcOS
Added the 'new' loco by setting only the address and then let the EcOS read the decoder.
Braking sound now works. It shows 12 sound functions but only the previous 8 actually do something. Weird.
I could not find the exact v. 3 manuale in ESU's website
There is a v. 3 mfx and a v. 3.5 which includes also v. 3 but even after resetting it some of the listed CV values are not the default ones anymore. I recall that the ESU dealer in Milan updated the decoder a while back but sincerely don't remember to which version or what he did. I don't have the lokprogrammer anymore as it was stolen years ago with all my trains :-(
Thank you for your support as always Tom
Marco
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 28 May 2020 20:02:04(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: ocram63_uk Go to Quoted Post
There is a v. 3 mfx and a v. 3.5 which includes also v. 3 but even after resetting it some of the listed CV values are not the default ones anymore.
LokSound V3 decoders can be upgraded to V3.5 via LokProgrammer and firmware upgrade, so one manual only makes sense.
The default values showing after a reset can be set with the LokProgrammer and can vary from the defaults in the manual.
The number of sounds depends on the sound project loaded to the decoder with a LokProgrammer. This may or may not be a standard project from ESU.

It seems the loco is now working better than before. Any features still missing that used to work?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ocram63_uk  
#5 Posted : 28 May 2020 21:30:31(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Actually I can't run the loco just yet. One of the traction tires has come off and am waiting for the Marklin shop delivery :-)
I've ordered a bit of spares from Marklin directly as Gaugemaster didn't have everything available. I'll be playing with it on the roller stand for the moment :-)
Offline Dave Banks  
#6 Posted : 29 May 2020 04:48:03(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Tom I stand corrected here but a Loksound V3.0 decoder is a M4 decoder. The Loksound V3.5 is your standard digital decoder & not MFX. Would that be correct?

Marco what #number sound profile are you using from the ESU catalog? #52405 = V3.5 (showing 8 functions) or #62405 V3.0 M4 (12 Functions)
D.A.Banks
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 29 May 2020 09:27:19(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Dave Banks Go to Quoted Post
Tom I stand corrected here but a Loksound V3.0 decoder is a M4 decoder. The Loksound V3.5 is your standard digital decoder & not MFX. Would that be correct?
There was a LokSound V3 without mfx and there was LokSound V3 with mfx. All functions should be there on the ECoS if it were the mfx version.
At that time DCC and mfx were mutually exclusive with ESU decoders.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline ocram63_uk  
#8 Posted : 29 May 2020 09:39:19(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
Dave, I have no idea on the sound profile I'm using. The loco is not mfx though as it does not load automatically, or this does not happen always ?
I'm in the edit loco page, Advanced tab and AUX settings, and it shows 12 icons some of which have no green tick assigned.
From here I can see which buttons are enabled and what they do.
I found the shunting speed, disable/enable acceleration/deceleration, both lights on at the same time. A discovery process but at the same time the loco randomly triggers a reset of the EcOS :-(
Offline Dave Banks  
#9 Posted : 29 May 2020 11:37:50(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Marco can you PM me the full ESU file. It will be an .esux file. I am guessing it is a ESU V3.5 sound decoder.

Dave...

Edited by user 29 May 2020 21:37:44(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

D.A.Banks
Offline ocram63_uk  
#10 Posted : 29 May 2020 15:41:18(UTC)
ocram63_uk

United Kingdom   
I tried disabling DCC and leaving only M4 and Motorola. The decoder wasn't picked up, so it is not mfx
I can't download the sound project as I don't have a LokProgrammer anymore :-(
Offline Dave Banks  
#11 Posted : 29 May 2020 21:37:06(UTC)
Dave Banks

Australia   
Hello Marco, any chance we can get a photo of the naked loco & decoder?
D.A.Banks