Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline MartinS  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2020 11:47:03(UTC)
MartinS

Sweden   
Hi all,

What are the options for using the 7286/7686 Turntable with C track? The 7286 description states that it can be used with C track adapters. Is it the 24922 adapter track that that refers to?

Would the coming turntable C extension track 74871 fit the 7286? Or do they only fit the newer coming turntable 74861 (which seems to be 30 tracks instead of 48 tracks)?

Any other options not using the 24922, that would allow me to connect other lengths of C-track (straight or curved) to the 7286?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Martin
Offline applor  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2020 12:09:16(UTC)
applor

Australia   
If you are using C track and yet to buy a turntable, I strongly recommend you buy the C track turntable.

To answer your question, yes you need to use the adaptor track(s). Might be better to do your whole BW area in K track.

No you cannot use the C track extensions on the K track table.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
Offline MartinS  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2020 12:19:47(UTC)
MartinS

Sweden   
Ok, thanks for the information. I have had the old turntable since a long time, but have just picked up the hobby again, now using C track.

So I'll try to redo the track-layout using the adapter tracks. Or maybe I'll just buy the new turntable when its available. If it looks better than the current 3D rendering.. :-)

Thanks,
Martin
Offline kiwiAlan  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2020 12:26:01(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
The way i would try to do it is to use rail joiners between the radial pieces on the turntable and the C track pieces. There is a subtle problem though, K track as used on the turntable uses code 100 track, and C track is code 90. So there will be a 0.01 inch difference in height between the top of the rails if the bottom of the rails are even.

Some trickery with the rail joiners can sort this out (Peco make joiners for connecting code 100 to code 83, which is what I would be tempted to try, but that is almost as much the other way) or one could just put up with the slight clunk across the join, or try filing the rails.