Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Airfix05  
#1 Posted : 10 May 2020 17:28:32(UTC)
Airfix05

Ireland   
Hi I am new to the Marklin train Hobby. I recently bought a Marklin Starter set.
I also bought a Marklin signals unit Hauptsignal unit 70391/70391/70411/70412.
Following watching a you tube Vedio I seemed to have wired it up to the track
But I do not know how to program it into the MS2 station, I don’t know where to start
I am still finding my way around the MS2.
Any help greatly appreciated
Airfix05

Offline TEEWolf  
#2 Posted : 10 May 2020 18:10:11(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Airfix05 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I am new to the Marklin train Hobby. I recently bought a Marklin Starter set.
I also bought a Marklin signals unit Hauptsignal unit 70391/70391/70411/70412.
Following watching a you tube Vedio I seemed to have wired it up to the track
But I do not know how to program it into the MS2 station, I don’t know where to start
I am still finding my way around the MS2.
Any help greatly appreciated
Airfix05

Have you had a look into the manual for the signals?

https://static.maerklin....1c41b70e2e1566484045.pdf

In English on page 8: "Programming with the MS2".

Do not know, if you want to use mfx or which track format to programm your signals. But in the manual you find for all track formats the necessary informations you have to follow up.

Offline Airfix05  
#3 Posted : 10 May 2020 19:08:32(UTC)
Airfix05

Ireland   
I had a look at the user manual on page 8 and I confess I found it hard to understand, I’m not most technical person around, I was confused on what functions to press on the MS2 to allow me to program the signal lights, if I can watch. A you tube on an issue I will but most are in German Confused
Thank you for your reply to my post
Offline STE-BM  
#4 Posted : 10 May 2020 19:28:48(UTC)
STE-BM

United Kingdom   
Hi Airfix05,

this youtube video is featuring the 70391 with an MS2, it has subtitles in german but I saw youtube offers auto translation in english.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kot8TfuH7C4
I hope it can be help you.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by STE-BM
Offline TEEWolf  
#5 Posted : 11 May 2020 01:56:00(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Airfix05 Go to Quoted Post
I had a look at the user manual on page 8 and I confess I found it hard to understand, I’m not most technical person around, I was confused on what functions to press on the MS2 to allow me to program the signal lights, if I can watch. A you tube on an issue I will but most are in German Confused
Thank you for your reply to my post

Well yes indeed, it is not easy and needs some studies of the manual before. Perhaps some various trials too. I have to do the same while I install a computer article. It is not as easy as the ads will sell you.

For myself it is even more difficult not kowing what you want in detail.

1. Which signals do you have? Only one or all 4 with all the different article # you mentioned in your post #1 and do they all have a decoder inside?
2. Which software version does your MS 2 have? The latest software version for a MS 2 is at the moment 3.112

If you have to update your MS 2 see here

https://www.maerklin.de/...rmationen/update_ms2.pdf

or go to your dealer, because for an update you must have a CS. No other option possibel.

3. Which trackformat do you want to use? Do you want to use mfx, fx, DCC?

You read this all in the manual, but you have to decide which one you will install.

@STE-BM has given you the link for a video connecting a signal to the tracks. Here is another video setting up the digital address in your MS 2 and how to controll them by a MS 2.

You have your technical instructions from your starter set? If not you may download here:

https://static.maerklin....57ac95a9a31493730041.pdf

You find it at Maerklin's database for the MS 2 under "Most important facts". BigGrin

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/60657/

In the video I have set up underlying titles in English. This is possible for this specific video. But I guess you have to redo it by yourself, because the setting get lost while transfering them. But it is easy to do it again. Just click at this little cogwheel sign for settings at bottom line. Choose titles and language.
Offline Airfix05  
#6 Posted : 11 May 2020 11:27:25(UTC)
Airfix05

Ireland   
Many Thanks for you supportive post, I have not not had a chance yet to explore your advice. I bought the Marklin set direct from Marklin in Germany. Ireland to the best of my knowledge have no Marklin retail outlets, Ireland and the UK are nearly all D.C, DCC with Hornby being the main seller. I just wanted to get into Marklin from a personal choice, to the best of my knowledge the MC2 I have the 3.55 update pre installed. The starter set I bought was the set with the Siemens vecturn locomotive with two Bi passenger cars Erea V1. May I also ask the binary code on the DIP switches 1-10 on my light set, am I right to assume UP is ON Down is OFF on reading the charts it might say 2, 5 does that mean you Turn On DIP switch 2 and 5.
Many Thanks again

Airfix05