Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Twisterdodger  
#1 Posted : 08 May 2020 16:52:08(UTC)
Twisterdodger

I have a CS3 controller, a nice layout and a significant investment in locos and rolling stock. In the time I've invested in Marklin, I have never been able to set up a decent track diagram and gotten my turnouts operational. The locos seem to run ok. I am now updated to Version 2 but still not functional. For some reason I am unable to add turnouts to show up on the track diagram. I can add one to the item list but it just doesn't show up on the diagram. I can edit the name, assign the protocol, assign an address, however the connection window is ghosted out, I'm not really sure why or what that is supposed to do. Clicking on the far left bottom arrow, going to Set Up, I'm at a loss as to what is supposed to do here as far as microswitch settings. I have always assigned switch settings as per the chart enclosed with the turnout based on my preferred address for that turnout.
I am so totally frustrated at my lack of ability to make these basic functions work that I am seriously considering getting out of Marklin all together and possibly abandoning my enjoyment of model railroading.
I don't know if I have a defective controller, sheer ignorance on my part or other issue. The lack of access to any factory tech support is not helping matters.
If any knowledgeable veterans can offer suggestions, I would gladly accept any help!
George
Offline JohnjeanB  
#2 Posted : 08 May 2020 17:10:37(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi George
It seems to be linked with you non creating first the "Solenoïd" item before doing a drag and drop to the layout zone.
Could this video help you?

Sorry I cannot help you directly because I use a CS2 (60215)
Cheers
Jean
Offline David Dewar  
#3 Posted : 08 May 2020 21:19:54(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Buying the Marklin book giving all the details of the CS3 should help you do almost anything. I presume you are dragging the turnout on to the track board.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by David Dewar
Offline dickinsonj  
#4 Posted : 09 May 2020 02:30:18(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Buying the Marklin book giving all the details of the CS3 should help you do almost anything.

I agree with David. The book is very useful and contains all of the basics for using the CS3.

It is so much more complete than usual for Märklin and quiet helpful. BigGrin
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline Twisterdodger  
#5 Posted : 09 May 2020 18:21:52(UTC)
Twisterdodger

OK, let me approach this a different way. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the CS3 to original factory, right out of the box, setting? I am ok with erasing any and all subsequent settings and since almost all my locos are MFX, they can be easily reloaded.
If there is a way to accomplish this, perhaps a fresh start might produce better results. I can always reload system upgrades.
Any thoughts or suggestions, and yes, I do have the Marklin hardbound book! Are there any seasoned CS3 pros out there, I am in Kansas!

Thanks
George

BTW, has anyone access to any rumors regarding release of the English version of the new Marklin book,
Marklin Digital Part 3, 03083?
Offline TEEWolf  
#6 Posted : 10 May 2020 02:20:46(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: Twisterdodger Go to Quoted Post
OK, let me approach this a different way. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the CS3 to original factory, right out of the box, setting? I am ok with erasing any and all subsequent settings and since almost all my locos are MFX, they can be easily reloaded.
If there is a way to accomplish this, perhaps a fresh start might produce better results. I can always reload system upgrades.
Any thoughts or suggestions, and yes, I do have the Marklin hardbound book! Are there any seasoned CS3 pros out there, I am in Kansas!

Thanks
George

BTW, has anyone access to any rumors regarding release of the English version of the new Marklin book,

For my own surprise, in one of the Maerklin articles about the CS 3, I read it should be possible to reset the CS 3 to the setup configuration as delivered by Maerklin. Cannot remember the exact way for doing it, but you should go to the file manager. There shall be a "startconfig.zip" file. Retrieving the file should reset the CS 3. But please absolutely no responsibilty by myself for everything you are doing. No guarantee - it is on your own risk, because if you have already plenty of work stored in your CS 3 by yourself, after a reset all is gone.

But what you see in the file manager as well. The CS 3 does make backups always before you run an update for a new software version. You see the zip files in the file manager as well.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 10 May 2020 08:41:50(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Twisterdodger Go to Quoted Post

I was expecting an announcement in either the Summer new Items or Fall new Items. The summer one is cancelled, so hopefully in the fall, and maybe in stock in time for Christmas would be my hope.