Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike187  
#1 Posted : 17 March 2020 20:24:32(UTC)
mike187

United States   
Hello:

I have Marklin #37127 Dutch 1200 electric locomotive. Chip became defective. Ordered a new replacement and it functions fine. However, the sound file is a generic German electric loco sound file. How can I download the proper Dutch loco sound file? Using a ESU ECoS controller with programming track. Any help appreciated.

Paul
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 17 March 2020 20:44:06(UTC)
H0

Hi, Paul,
It's too late now, but you can try next time: Order from a friendly dealer who uploads the sound you want.

I assume you bought a Märklin decoder. You can use CS2 or the Märklin decoder programmer to upload sound projects to the decoder.

Maybe a friend can help. Maybe mail the decoder to a forum member if there are volunteers in the USA.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline morsing  
#3 Posted : 26 March 2020 16:33:10(UTC)
morsing

United Kingdom   
I didn't think you could update sound on Marklin locos?
-----
Modelling west Denmark era IV - possibly with some out-of-place elements!
Marklin C-track + CS3+
12m2 layout to be controlled by RocRail
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 26 March 2020 18:06:10(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: morsing Go to Quoted Post
I didn't think you could update sound on Marklin locos?
For upgrade decoders sold separately, as discussed here, this is possible since the 6094x decoder series.
And in 2005 the mfx decoders didn't yet have the lock and sounds can also be updated.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline ktsolias  
#5 Posted : 14 May 2020 12:04:23(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
The Märklin sound decoders can be updated their sounds, but how to do it depends on the decoder.

1. The decoders that are coming in the locos from the factory are locked and you can't change any sounds

2. The retrofit decoders can be upgraded - updated.

3. The 6093x mfx decoders were actually made by ESU and are the same like SoundPilot 3. Can be programmed with the ESU sound decoder programmer. (Decoder manufacturer code 151)

4. The 6094x and 6096x mSD decoders can be updated with new sounds, with the mDT3 decoder software (free from Märklin) and CS2 or CS3 connected with the computer where the mDT3 is (Ethernet network), on the programming track. Take about 20 to 30 minutes.

5. The 6097x and 6098x mSD3 decoders can be updated with new sounds, with the mDT3 decoder software (free from Märklin) and CS2 or CS3 connected with the computer where the mDT3 is (Ethernet network), on the programming track. Take about 20 to 30 minutes. The same way like the mSD decoders.

6. The 6097x and 6098x mSD3 decoders can be updated with new sounds, with the mDT3 decoder software (free from Märklin) and the 60971 Märklin Decoder Programmer. Takes only 4 minutes and there is no need for CS2 or CS3. The programming take place outside of the loco for all the decoders. No problems with 21mtc or 8 pin NEM decoders or 6098x cable decoders, but big problem with 6098x series decoders when they are soldered without a plug.
Is a great way of people with MS2 as they don't need to buy the expensive CS3. The 60971 is 85€ in Märklin e-shop and cheaper in dealers.

There are 3 ways to make the update with the mDT3
a. Downloading a ready profile for a loco from the Märklin server
b. Doing your own profile making everything from scratch, using the Märklin SoundBibliotek
c. Loading your own sounds through the mDT3 software. mp3 and wav formats are OK.
d. You can use a combination of the above eg: start with a ready profile, remove sound, add sounds from either the sBibliotek or yours.

In the start all this is a bit complicating with the usual Märklin German-English language in the menus and with very poor documentation.
But when you will be familiar is a great fun!!!

I slowly update these way all the decoders from the standard Märklin Steam - Diesel - Electric Sound to specific ones.

Try it if you need any help please ask!!!

Regards

Costas

eg. Another great tool who is absolutely necessary for everybody who wants to be involved in decoders is the Märklin Decoder Tester
60970. Cost 90€ from M or less in dealers and can test all the decoder functions (motor, sounds, functions, logical functions etc), not only for Märklin decoders but particularly for every decoder mfx, DCC, MM with many connector types and as well cable connectors. You can use it as programming track but only for the decoder without the loco.
Offline Johnvr  
#6 Posted : 04 June 2020 08:55:38(UTC)
Johnvr

South Africa   
Hello Kostas

Thank you for your very detailed explanation of which decoders can be updated.
Do you know whether there is an instruction manual for how to update sounds on a loco ?

I have 60215 CS2 and I have several 60985 mSD3 decoders which I would like to update to loco specific sounds.
BR53, BR44, BR01, etc.

For the first time I noted an Option Button on my CS2 to update sounds.
With a loco on the programming track, it is in the section with Update CV values.
I think it was asking me to insert a USB with the sound update files /CS2/Sound/Bibliotek or something like that.

I do not want to update my CS2 software because everything is working just fine at the moment on my layout.
However, I think that I can download the Marklin Sound files on my computer, and then use a USB to update the sounds in my CS2,
and then into the locos.

RegardsBigGrin
John