Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Richard Joint  
#1 Posted : 07 January 2020 03:33:52(UTC)
Richard Joint

Honduras   
I am new to Marklin but having installed some 30 turnout mechanisms with Decoders on my main line I now wish to install another 20 on my yard turnouts and use the 72710 control box. Rather than using the Marklin transformer, can I use simply a 12volt transformer for accesories only.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Richard Joint
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 07 January 2020 05:55:33(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Yes you can, but 12 Volts could be too little for some turnouts. I had some problems with the 24624 crossing, but since introducing an ”old” 19 Volts DC charger powering the turnouts, I have no problems.

Also, using the 72710 control box instead of decoders, you will limit yourself from future automatic digital control, e.g. using a computer. Especially on switchyards, this is nice to have. Five units of e.g. Littfinskis S-DEC-4-MM would cost less than another new engine... I would consider that.

Cool
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 07 January 2020 09:36:02(UTC)
H0

You can save a few bucks more if you go for the 72720 control box without LEDs.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Rwill  
#4 Posted : 07 January 2020 11:39:55(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
If you require 50 turnout mechanisms - how many turnouts are on your layout? With a directional main line you probably only need 50% to be powered.