Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nrwatson  
#1 Posted : 10 December 2019 14:46:27(UTC)
Nrwatson

United Kingdom   
I am thinking of going down. This route know very little as I am sure my question will reveal
With electric turn outs how can you control them digitally
Thanks
Offline blid  
#2 Posted : 10 December 2019 15:38:35(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
I have just started this myself. I opted for Rokuhan tracks. If you are using Marklin I don't know.
Since I have LDT, Littfinski DatenTechnik, on my H0 layout I chose their 1-DEC-DC decoder for 4 turnouts of the Rokuhan type (2 wires). However, the track power was not enough, so I had to use external power for the turnout motors. The Rokuhan power pack is 12V AC. The 12V AC I bought turned out to be 11.5V AC but it is OK.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline husafreak  
#3 Posted : 10 December 2019 17:20:20(UTC)
husafreak

United States   
If you use all Marklin products should be easy. I also am starting in DCC. But I chose NCE Powercab 2A starter set. I use Rokuhan track so they have their own digital switch controller. And I will use TCS or Digitrax boards in the loco’s originally. But I am in USA where this is more common. I did have a demonstration of the Marklin digital station last summer at a show and it is wonderful but to me overkill for Z. For the HO and larger scales with many features it is great.