Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jbblunck  
#1 Posted : 25 November 2019 19:11:26(UTC)
jbblunck

United States   
Figured I'd start a fresh thread that just concentrates on my issues...

I have Intellibox connected to Marklin 7687 decoder to 7286 turntable. Eventually iTrain will control the table. The process has gone in fits and starts but I'm getting the hang of this.

Turntable programmed from Intellibox into 7687 decoder and basically running. I have some small issues with binding but I’m working on that.

But, I’m having trouble mapping track positions into the Intellibox keyboard. The Marklin manual does everything by referencing the manufacturer keypad. I know the sequence starts at 225, so I mapped accordingly using a Controller 8 Intellibox group — it’s all I need. Note that nowhere can I find a chart showing the address mapping, so I’m guessing based on the manual diagram of the button box.

# Red Green

225 End. Prog/input
226 Clear. Turn
227. Next L Next R
228 Left. Right
229 1 2
230 3 4
231 5 6
232 7 8

225, 226 & 227 work as intended. I can program the table and rotate using Next buttons. It even does the 180 turn.

228 is unresponsive, as are 229 thru 232.

One small thought: when I programmed the table I programmed the main positions (where the cab side is), as well as their opposites on the table (eg 2 & 25 are both set). I'm thinking this would more easily allow me to get from place to place depending on how the table is oriented. I do understand that the 7687 mirrors the number on the other side. Would that screw things up?

Additionally, iTrain can’t move the table at all, though it did before I reprogrammed the table from the manufacturer defaults to my track positions.

Any idea what I’ve missed?

Offline Ross  
#2 Posted : 25 November 2019 21:33:11(UTC)
Ross

Australia   
Hi Joachim,

The codes to program the turntable are in the instructions

Please read my article Programming the turntable

Pages 16-17 are examples of the steps to program the turntable. Wiring options are on pages 12-14

Article Address table for 7686/87
Ross
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Ross