Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Simplyme  
#1 Posted : 03 November 2019 00:02:01(UTC)
Simplyme

Australia   
Hi all,

I'm new to using s88's and detection with my Ecos. I have a circuit where I have a passing loop. I want to run my ICE 3 and TGV alternatively similar to a shuttle. The TGV arrives on one side, stops, changes the turnouts, and then the ICE 3 leaves the station. It does the circuit, arrives on the side it left from, stops, changes the turnouts, and then the TGV leaves.

I'm not sure how to wire up the tracks, where (and how many) the detection tracks (cuts) would need to be, and whether I just need an s88 and the Ecos, or whether I need a k84 as well?

Any help would be appreciated.

I'm a visual person so any diagrams/pictures on how to do this would be greatly appreciated, including wiring diagrams. Once I can see it I think I will be able to wire everything up.

I've attached a WinTrack overview of the circuit with the turnouts to be changed circled and the track direction shown.

Cheers,

Michael

High_Speed_Circuit.png
Offline michelvr  
#2 Posted : 03 November 2019 15:04:01(UTC)
michelvr

Canada   
Hi Michael,

I too use ESU ECoS with the ESU Detectors 50094. Please note the ESU Detectors Standard 50096 will do the same thing I just had the 50094 from my 2 rail days. There's a jumper that you move and it then works exactly like the 50096.

To create the bocks I have added three blocks for each passing siding.

The turnouts are not in a block. You need to isolate the outside rail and make sure you cut the tabs under the c track so that the outside rails are separated and then you can use them as detector tracks. Install a red isolators at every block so that means you will need six. You will need to add the detecting wire which will go to a detector module.

I have not detected any turnouts as Traincontroller does not need them. Best is to go over the block definition from either one of the computer software programs and learn what a block is?

Start with one block and make sure it works then proceed with the next. It's exhilarating when you get it done correctly and once it's all finished it's very, “COOL” Cool

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by michelvr
Offline Simplyme  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2019 21:03:17(UTC)
Simplyme

Australia   
Thank you...

I'll do some testing this weekend... I have a s88 one of our club members has been building (kit form so we can do some workshops on our club nights) and will see if I can replicate.

I'm interested if anyone has used the new Route option in Ecos to switch the turnouts?

Cheers from Down Under...