Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JerryMc  
#1 Posted : 02 November 2019 22:07:52(UTC)
JerryMc

United States   
I bought a marklin 37110 to replace and older non digital version. The older engine had a lever on the bottom to use for power from catenary or track. The 37110 does not have that. I have an control unit (6021) to operate my layout. I do not know how to wire catenary with 6021. The instructions are vague and I'm not sure how to operate the new 37110. Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by moderator 05 November 2019 00:09:42(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline amartinezv  
#2 Posted : 02 November 2019 23:10:57(UTC)
amartinezv

Spain   
Hey,
I'm not sure I understand your problem.

In the instruction manual of the 37110 comes the digital address that has that locomotive by default, let's say it is 10. You put the locomotive in the way pulsas 1 0 in the 6021 and that's it! you can manage your locomotive.

That's it.

Best regards
Antonio Martínez
marklin, IB, era 3, Train controller
www.raildigital.es/davidruso
Offline ktsolias  
#3 Posted : 02 November 2019 23:40:14(UTC)
ktsolias

Greece   
Hi

The 37110 is an mfx loco. Can be controlled with 6021 and the default address is 10.

The change between track/catenary can be done with a jumper on the mainboard.

Is not recommended to run digital locos from the catenary

Costas
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2019 19:44:14(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: JerryMc Go to Quoted Post
I bought a marklin 37110 to replace and older non digital version. The older engine had a lever on the bottom to use for power from catenary or track. The 37110 does not have that. I have an control unit (6021) to operate my layout. I do not know how to wire catenary with 6021. The instructions are vague and I'm not sure how to operate the new 37110. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello JerryMc,

your new loco BR 110.1 (37110) cannot run with its pantographs by a catanary system. You will not find a switch to toggle between a catenary system and your 3rd rail pukos from the tracks. You have to operate this loco as every other loco without pantographs only via your tracks.

The pantographs for the BR 110.1 are not able to transfer any current. Because they are up and down moveable digitally with the digital controller. Even with your control unit it is possible as listed at Maerklin's webiste.

https://www.maerklin.de/...s/details/article/37110/

At this website you find the manual too.

https://static.maerklin....833f1612281527669966.pdf

At page 8, heading Functions, under dot #10 "The locomotive cannot be switched to operation from catenary". So everything works well as you described.

ciao

TEEWolf

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 04 November 2019 01:14:18(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: JerryMc Go to Quoted Post
I do not know how to wire catenary with 6021.

Assuming you had a loco that could pick up power from catenary via a pantograph (not all electric locos can), you would run the red wire from your 6021 output and connect that to a catenary power feeder mast(s).

You don't need to connect the brown wire to the catenary as the circuit return to the 6021 would be via the brown connection to the track.
Offline Purellum  
#6 Posted : 04 November 2019 07:47:12(UTC)
Purellum

Denmark   
@BigDaddyNZ: Sorry; but I have to answer this one. Cool

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Do not blame him and his answer is totally different to mine.

Yes, and the difference is that he gave the correct answer. Cool

One correct answer should be enough, and wrong answers doesn't help anybody.

Per.

Bachelor of science in electrical engineering from "københavns Teknikum" 1987 Cool
Electrical engineer, mostly doing trouble shooting and field training of younger wind turbine technicians Cool
Basic education as electrician; but mostly doing automation and electronic systems for 43 years Cool
Born in a country where we don't find titles important and usually don't brag about them Cool

If you can dream it, you can do it!

I, the copyright holder of this work, hereby release it into the public domain. This applies worldwide.

In case this is not legally possible:
I grant anyone the right to use this work for any purpose, without any conditions, unless such conditions are required by law.

UserPostedImage