Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Online DasBert33  
#1 Posted : 28 October 2019 12:09:43(UTC)
DasBert33

Belgium   
Hi all,

For my nephew I am converting an old HAMO E03 he received from his grandfather to Marklin digital. I was able to fit a slider underneath, mechanically everything seems OK, but I cannot seem to find good decoder settings for the Lokpilot 4 I am using. I have kept the original magnet/motor, but the top speed seems very low.

I have tried both the automatic motor parameter measurement as well as the recommended HAMO magnet settings, but none seem to give good running behavior or top speed. Max speed CV is at the highest setting and I tried fiddeling with the regulation voltage without any impact.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Bert
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 28 October 2019 18:13:48(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: DasBert33 Go to Quoted Post
Hi all,

For my nephew I am converting an old HAMO E03 he received from his grandfather to Marklin digital. I was able to fit a slider underneath, mechanically everything seems OK, but I cannot seem to find good decoder settings for the Lokpilot 4 I am using. I have kept the original magnet/motor, but the top speed seems very low.

I have tried both the automatic motor parameter measurement as well as the recommended HAMO magnet settings, but none seem to give good running behavior or top speed. Max speed CV is at the highest setting and I tried fiddeling with the regulation voltage without any impact.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Bert

Could the old magnet be de-magnetised with age? Maybe you should try a new Hamo magnet?
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.