Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#1 Posted : 11 September 2019 16:52:00(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

I am building Faller 140312 but am having trouble with the lights. The bulbs in the gondolas are not working consistently.

https://youtu.be/sHXqgMCfvqE

Has any one else built one and sorted this problem?
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline David Dewar  
#2 Posted : 11 September 2019 21:46:56(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Hi David I said to you that this would happen as you must be very careful when building the wheel with wire. I would however suggest that it is the contact from the gondola to the wheel that is the problem. Make sure this is correct and making good contact. Also extra weight in the gondola will help. Took me some work but I got them all working ok. As with your polyp just keep trying and it should ok in the end. Most of the faller fairground are not easy to build and great care is required. Don’t give up though as it is just matter of making good contact and making sure the tension of the wire on the wheel is ok.
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#3 Posted : 11 September 2019 22:10:32(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: David Dewar Go to Quoted Post
Hi David I said to you that this would happen as you must be very careful when building the wheel with wire. I would however suggest that it is the contact from the gondola to the wheel that is the problem. Make sure this is correct and making good contact. Also extra weight in the gondola will help. Took me some work but I got them all working ok. As with your polyp just keep trying and it should ok in the end. Most of the faller fairground are not easy to build and great care is required. Don’t give up though as it is just matter of making good contact and making sure the tension of the wire on the wheel is ok.

That reinforces some experiments so I will spend some time there tomorrow. Thank you.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie