Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2019 13:59:01(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

I am moving this to a different thread as I want to separate it from the Piko coach discussion.

I have a Marklin 36851 SBB 482 and I would like to buy a second loco - but DB - with the same coupler arrangement.

482 from Above

482 from Below

I have my eyes on the following Lok(click to see on Lippe): Märklin 36197

Would this have the same coupler arrangement?
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
A mystified Maerklin Newbie
Offline twmarklinfan  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:14:42(UTC)
twmarklinfan

United Kingdom   
David
Just sent you a pm, with another idea
Offline Rwill  
#3 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:54:41(UTC)
Rwill

United Kingdom   
Yes it has the same coupling arrangement. That a very good deal for a warranted, good spec brand new lok. It even has red lights at the back that swop over!
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 24 July 2019 16:01:57(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: LongHairedDavid Go to Quoted Post
I am moving this to a different thread as I want to separate it from the Piko coach discussion.

I have a Marklin 36851 SBB 482 and I would like to buy a second loco - but DB - with the same coupler arrangement.

Would this have the same coupler arrangement?

David,

if you go to the database from Maerklin and search your locos by number, you got quickly to the products. If you scroll down the applicable website to the area "Features" you find the information which coupler this loco has. This you can compare with all other locos.

So your 36197 and 36851 have both "Märklin close couplers in standard pocket with pivot point." (as Maerklin says on both websites for your locos).

So both locos have the same coupler arrangement and in this case it helps more than a picture, becuase it is a technical informaton given by the producer.

Another way is going to the manual of the loco and/or explosion drawing with spare parts list. There you normally find below the explosion drawing the spare part numbers. This includes the couplers too. So you can compare by yourself which coupler is built into which loco.

ciao

TEEWolf

P.S.: your new loco will be one of the new good and cheap ones. Has mfx and 16 functions standard on board. I just bought a BR 147.5 (36638) from Maerklin. It is another new model from this "new product series" and it is only just wonderful and reommendable. Ah - well the front and back lights (red) do not have a very bright shine. Perhaps I can alter this digitally.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 24 July 2019 16:39:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
If you go to the Maerklin.de website, at the top right, you will see a search panel. You can enter 146 or 185 (or 193) and it will show the option of models in those classes.

The Piko coaches that you have in blue/beige would be more suitable with another class of locomotive. Perhaps a diesel of the 212/216/218/232 classes or an electric of the 110 class.

Maybe there is somebody here in the forum with more knowledge of suitable traction for such a consist.

Regards

Mike C
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#6 Posted : 24 July 2019 17:25:21(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
If you go to the Maerklin.de website, at the top right, you will see a search panel. You can enter 146 or 185 (or 193) and it will show the option of models in those classes.

The Piko coaches that you have in blue/beige would be more suitable with another class of locomotive. Perhaps a diesel of the 212/216/218/232 classes or an electric of the 110 class.

Maybe there is somebody here in the forum with more knowledge of suitable traction for such a consist.

Regards

Mike C

I have just been offered a Marklin 39411 BR 141 DBAG at a very reasonable price. That should give me the loco I need.

David
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 25 July 2019 01:06:04(UTC)
H0

I have just been offered a Marklin 39411 BR 141 DBAG at a very reasonable price. That should give me the loco I need.
DB AG indicates a model for era V or VI. The coaches look like DB (before DB AG) and era IV.
This is no typical combination.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline TEEWolf  
#8 Posted : 25 July 2019 01:38:24(UTC)
TEEWolf

David

Don't be surprised about the sound.Laugh
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 25 July 2019 08:46:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: TEEWolf Go to Quoted Post
Is it one of those BR 141 models that come with BR 110 sound? Flapper

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#10 Posted : 25 July 2019 11:05:51(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

David

Budget is everything living on my pension!
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
Offline dickinsonj  
#11 Posted : 27 July 2019 01:55:00(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   

And you are using it quite wisely in my opinion, creating a very nice layout and making amazing progress in a short period of time.

Excellent job David. ThumpUp

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline LongHairedDavid  
#12 Posted : 27 July 2019 10:15:15(UTC)
LongHairedDavid

Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post

And you are using it quite wisely in my opinion, creating a very nice layout and making amazing progress in a short period of time.

Excellent job David. ThumpUp

Thank you. I will continue to produce the blog at http://www.gmrblog.co.uk so keep watching.
Long Haired David
AKA David Pennington
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by LongHairedDavid
Offline TEEWolf  
#13 Posted : 28 July 2019 00:18:10(UTC)
TEEWolf

David

We do not talk about pension, we talk about sound and loudness.

I do have a similar loco as yours, a BR 111 041-0 (Märklin article #3660) in orientred as well. I like this colour with this model. It was the reason why I bought it at an auction at Ebay for 56 €. (Thought at my pension Smile tooLaugh).
(right side - at the left is a BR 147.5 557 (art #36638)).

But I do have a BR E 41 012 (art #39415) as well as a BR E 10.1 231 (art #37107) too. [Please do not mix up with the art #37108 a BR 110.1 and mfx+].

left E 41 - right E 10

The sound of my E 41 is really loud as a jumping jack. The E 10 is relativly quiet compared to the E 41. Sorry I do not have aa audio video camera. I only can describe it here. But your E 41 in your video makes a good, not too noisy sound.

More simlar to my E 10 than to my jumping jack. But the google-de-gook you hear pretty good as well.