Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline petestra  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2019 13:20:15(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello.

I have contacted the Marklin digital team USA for their aid with this issue. They advised me to take off one cable at a time. I did this but to no avail.

Nothing has solved this problem yet. Last week I was putting together a new event. I had 8 events working

perfectly until then. After the new event was made it did not work and the small window above became a red color "Delayed". See photos and error message. I thought I had obviously

done something wrong so I removed that event and deleted those articles from the list and tried again, also rebooted CS3. The same error message appeared and none of my other

events worked again as well. I then removed all events and contact track triggers for events thinking this could be the problem but the same problem persists. How can I repair this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Peter. Confused

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Edited by user 25 July 2019 16:27:50(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Crazy Harry  
#2 Posted : 24 July 2019 14:49:16(UTC)
Crazy Harry

Canada   
Just a stab in the dark: Is the power supply to the L88 connected properly (both sides) and working?

Good luck,

Harold.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Crazy Harry
Offline MaerklinLife  
#3 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:04:07(UTC)
MaerklinLife

This usually happens when the CS cannot read all contacts. Usually because you are referring a module that does not exist or does not have power.

Did you by any change also create new contacts while creating your new event? If so, check if they are set up properly and delete them if in doubt to see if that helps.

Also check if you have more entries for the L88 in your device list. You might have chosen the wrong one.

Personally, I can't see that disconnecting the cables will help much at all.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by MaerklinLife
Offline TEEWolf  
#4 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:39:34(UTC)
TEEWolf

Originally Posted by: MaerklinLife Go to Quoted Post

Sometimes it helps disconnecting cables to discharge electronic devices. Does not matter, if it is a TV, Computer, MRR, etc. But keep the electronic parts 30 minutes minimum off line from everything. Mostly I even detach such articles over night and I achieved good results.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TEEWolf
Offline petestra  
#5 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:53:08(UTC)
petestra

United States   
This usually happens when the CS cannot read all contacts. Usually because you are referring a module that does not exist or does not have power.

Did you by any change also create new contacts while creating your new event? If so, check if they are set up properly and delete them if in doubt to see if that helps.

Also check if you have more entries for the L88 in your device list. You might have chosen the wrong one.

Hi and thanks for your comment. Yes, I did create new contacts. They have since been deleted and the CS3 rebooted. Peter.

Offline petestra  
#6 Posted : 24 July 2019 15:55:17(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: Crazy Harry Go to Quoted Post
Just a stab in the dark: Is the power supply to the L88 connected properly (both sides) and working?

Good luck,

Harold.

Thanks, Harold. They were connected properly as 8 events were previously working perfectly. Now that I've disconnected everything I will

double check those connections. Cheers, Peter.

Offline clapcott  
#7 Posted : 24 July 2019 23:28:19(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   

I concur,

The message specifically highlight the "lack of connection to a configured item" and, if anything, disconnecting (other) cables will in fact make things worse.

As stated , the advice given is blatantly wrong.
However I do wonder if they meant "un-configure" one item (sensor) at a time and this got lost in translation.

The inference here is to undo what you most recently did. Or at least check what you last did for typos.

FWIW,
- we have inserted an LED in each of our L88s simply to show that power is on - I consider this a most basic oversight in the L88 design.
- on a CS2 , I recommend having a track-board dedicated to showing the status of ALL sensors. If ANY show red, then tey need to be fixed first. it is absolutely pointless expecting memory routes to work.
Peter
Offline petestra  
#8 Posted : 25 July 2019 00:46:28(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

I concur,

The message specifically highlight the "lack of connection to a configured item" and, if anything, disconnecting (other) cables will in fact make things worse.

However I do wonder if they meant "un-configure" one item (sensor) at a time and this got lost in translation.

The inference here is to undo what you most recently did. Or at least check what you last did for typos.

FWIW,
- we have inserted an LED in each of our L88s simply to show that power is on - I consider this a most basic oversight in the L88 design.
- on a CS2 , I recommend having a track-board dedicated to showing the status of ALL sensors. If ANY show red, then tey need to be fixed first. it is absolutely pointless expecting memory routes to work.

Hi Peter. Unfortunately I didn't keep the US Digital guys' email to me. They told me basically to disconnect (at the S88) each wire connection, one at a time, and then check

the display on the CS3 screen to see if that red "delayed" message disappears or not. I did this and the message did NOT disappear and the events no longer worked so I then deleted

those 8 events I had made, also deleted were the contact triggers and the articles (signal and point) that I had used at the initial event which had caused the issue. When all these

were deleted the red "delayed" box reverted back to the control box. I then reinstalled a new event and the red "delayed" box reappeared and the event would not work,

I hope this explains clearly what had occurred. Peter.
Offline clapcott  
#9 Posted : 25 July 2019 04:25:34(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: petestra Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post

I concur,

FWIW,

Hi Peter.
Unfortunately I didn't keep the US Digital guys' email to me. They told me basically to disconnect (at the S88) each wire connection, one at a time, and then check the display on the CS3 screen to see if that red "delayed" message disappears or not.

I did this and the message did NOT disappear and the events no longer worked so I then deleted those 8 events I had made, also deleted were the contact triggers and the articles (signal and point) that I had used at the initial event which had caused the issue.

When all these were deleted the red "delayed" box reverted back to the control box. I then reinstalled a new event and the red "delayed" box reappeared and the event would not work,

I hope this explains clearly what had occurred. Peter.

Your focus should be on the sensors (definition) - this has nothing to do with the event or the items in the event script except as a downstream repercussion.

The CS (2 and 3) will suspend ALL memory/events until all configured sensors are available.

The things you should do
- restart the CS3 and look at your Sensors on the keyboard
- if any are red (it is pointless tapping them to make them go white/Yellow) then you have either
- 1)- A Sensor controller (L88 , slave CS) unplugged or un-powered.
- 2)- A Sensor defined that is not supported by the hardware

For 1) , you may go into System and find the component that has "NO GREEN DOT", meaning that it is not talking to the CS
Plug it in and turn it on.

For 2) , you should check the sensors that are red and determine if the address you have set up is actually supported in the hardware configuration

e.g.
You may very well be able to add/define a Sensor reference for S88 #2 port 1 that is connected to your CS3. But if you have not told the CS3 that it has 2 (or more S88s to look after) you will get a red indication against that sensor.

The #of S88s is defined under the System settings for both a natively attached S88 (under the TFP) or each L88.
For the L88s you have a choice of 3 buses and each has a "length" value of its own. "length" means "how many S88s on the Bus"

One other aspect that may come into play with a L88 is the base configuration for single/matrix mode.
If , for example, you have set the L88 to matrix mode but defined a sensor as though it was for single(direct) mode you will also get a red indication.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Peter
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Offline petestra  
#10 Posted : 25 July 2019 13:07:10(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Thanks for your help, Peter. I have printed your instructions and will execute them. Cheers! Peter.

Offline petestra  
#11 Posted : 25 July 2019 14:49:02(UTC)
petestra

United States   
Hello Peter. THAT WORKED! ThumpUp ThumpUp ThumpUp I had an input (on that last event programed) which was not supported by hardware. I removed it again, reinstalled it

and everything is back. I am now redoing all the events I previously had. Thanks again so much for all your great help and to all the others here

too. Cheers, Peter BigGrin