Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ShannonN  
#1 Posted : 24 July 2019 13:10:26(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   

Edi Downer DH73 (Diesel Hydraulic) needed to cut this 8 car consist in half and haul to to upper workshop in two stages as the bottom storage yard is being refurbished and all tracks are ripped out atm.

The existing main straight in Kent Street is long enough for 8 cars but the track at the 5 ways it can fit only 4 of these cars at a time hence easier to cut and haul rather than cut at Kent street

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by ShannonN
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 27 July 2019 05:00:16(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi Shannon,
Have the cars just been refurbished at EDI?
I assume the cars are pushed through Queens Park up into the rail yards, 4 at a time.

The sloping concrete wall in front of the train at 2:00 was built around 1972.
At that time my father was a design draftsman in the City Council.

Is the old two story timber boarding house still there in Wharf Street opposite McAllister Park?

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow
Offline ShannonN  
#3 Posted : 27 July 2019 06:20:19(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post
Hi Shannon,
Have the cars just been refurbished at EDI?
I assume the cars are pushed through Queens Park up into the rail yards, 4 at a time.

The sloping concrete wall in front of the train at 2:00 was built around 1972.
At that time my father was a design draftsman in the City Council.

Is the old two story timber boarding house still there in Wharf Street opposite McAllister Park?

Kimball

Hi Kimball
The trains were on their way to EDi for repairs/refurbish, yes, I imagine pushed up hill and pull from 5 ways into Edi proper
I'm sure they have a runaround line in EDI

At the moment the bottom yard is all torn up as new track work is put in and extensions over the creek will be set to allow longer consists to be stored, they have completed work on the top yard to accommodate longer cars also and I think they added another track.

"Is the old two story timber boarding house still there in Wharf Street opposite McAllister Park?"

If its the one next to the old Engineering/Garage that has real 1940's style writing on it , Yes it's being refurbed i think as is that engineering garage building. I'm working the Mary Ann tomorrow I'll try to get pics of the buildings for ya

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by ShannonN
Offline ShannonN  
#4 Posted : 28 July 2019 11:18:28(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Hi Kimball
Quote:

"Is the old two story timber boarding house still there in Wharf Street opposite McAllister Park?"[/u]

If its the one next to the old Engineering/Garage that has real 1940's style writing on it , Yes it's being refurbed i think as is that engineering garage building. I'm working the Mary Ann tomorrow I'll try to get pics of the buildings for ya

Piccys follow
Meyer.jpgPortside apartments1.jpgPortside2.jpgMeyer2.jpgPortside3.jpg

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by ShannonN
Offline Chook  
#5 Posted : 28 July 2019 15:29:02(UTC)
Chook

Australia   
Shannon great pics of historic buildings of old.
I think I can see that someone has kicked the sh&&t out of the green asbestos sheet on the Meyer and Co building. You can only hope that they got a lung full of the dust as it settled.

Regards.......Chook.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Chook
Offline ShannonN  
#6 Posted : 28 July 2019 23:47:35(UTC)
ShannonN

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Chook Go to Quoted Post
Shannon great pics of historic buildings of old.
I think I can see that someone has kicked the sh&&t out of the green asbestos sheet on the Meyer and Co building. You can only hope that they got a lung full of the dust as it settled.

Regards.......Chook.

Yeah I think its a bit of movement in the frame as well, this building and the larger hall like shed to the right is supposed to be slated refurb or had some work already done love the old style Lettering adds character.
Guess we are lucky the buildings haven't been tagged. The railway speed signs near the marina have been

Best Shanny

Offline kimballthurlow  
#7 Posted : 28 July 2019 23:47:41(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Wow!

Thanks Shannon, that brings back memories.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kimballthurlow