Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Tex  
#1 Posted : 01 June 2019 00:58:05(UTC)
Tex

United States   
I started my Maerklin model railroading with a M 2602 digital starter set in 1989 . I have long ago moved into operation with a M 6021 Central Control Unit and never upgraded the BR 89 and BR 260 locomotives that came with the starter set . Can anyone tell me what code numbers to use to address these two engines with my 6021 Central Control Unit .
Tex
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 01 June 2019 02:57:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The instructions for the starter set should give the addresses that the models were originally programmed to.
If you no longer have the manual and it cannot be found online, you can take any manual from a delta or digital model from that era and look to see what the address that corresponds to the positions of the dip switches on the decoder.

You can use this list to locate the address: http://www.digital-train...tal_decoder_8_switch.pdf

Regards

Mike C
Offline cookee_nz  
#3 Posted : 01 June 2019 06:26:01(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Tex Go to Quoted Post
I started my Maerklin model railroading with a M 2602 digital starter set in 1989 . I have long ago moved into operation with a M 6021 Central Control Unit and never upgraded the BR 89 and BR 260 locomotives that came with the starter set . Can anyone tell me what code numbers to use to address these two engines with my 6021 Central Control Unit .
Tex

The 2602 set came with a very basic controller only capable of four pre-set addresses; 10, 20, 30 & 40, although the buttons are marked only 1, 2, 3 & 4.

So the Loco's will each be one of these four addresses.

Put both on the track, try "10" first, if neither respond, then "20" and so on.

You'll have it sorted in a few seconds I'd say. Also turn the function on and you should see the headlight respond. If the headlight works but no movement the motor may be seized from dried oil/lack of use.

You can usually free this by removing the body, apply some light finger pressure onto the gears from the motor and that is often enough to free them up, a fresh drop of oil on the gears and bearings and give them a good run, regularly.

If those addresses don't suit you can change them via the dip switch inside.

Cheers

Cookee
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Tex