Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline gachar001  
#1 Posted : 21 May 2019 06:42:54(UTC)
gachar001

India   
My winching platform is now taking shape. My carpenter is building a false ceiling on the ceiling which will surround the platform. The false ceiling will sit around 400mm (15") below the ceiling. The platform which is 3000mmx 2000mm (around 10' x 6') will sit flush with the false ceiling when retracted. Platform thickness is around 75mm (3"). So that will leave me with around a foot of height for my layout.

Platform will move up and down using a motorized mechanism which is used for rolling shutters. Stainless steel cables of 6mm thickness will be attached to the platform and the mechanism. Two limit switches will be used to stop the motor when the platform reaches the top (one primary and one secondary in case the first one fails). I am getting 4 removable legs made of stainless steel. These legs will be threaded onto the platform before I bring it down. So when it comes down, the platform will rest on the legs and become like a table.

Platform will have a wooden outer frame with aluminium cross beams. The motorized mechanism and remaining hardware will sit outside the room in the balcony mounted above a set of french doors. The mechanism will have a sheet metal cover to keep the elements out.

Hoping to have this complete within the next 10 days or so. Will share pictures when complete.
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by gachar001