Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline QQQ1970  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2019 14:49:48(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
My train dealer mentioned Marklin made a few steam loco with dynamic smoke in the past. Does any of you know which model number was that? I may be looking to acquire one in the secondary market. Thanks.
Offline dickinsonj  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2019 14:52:45(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post
My train dealer mentioned Marklin made a few steam loco with dynamic smoke in the past. Does any of you know which model number was that? I may be looking to acquire one in the second dary market. Thanks.

I am not aware of any dynamic smoke locos from Märklin in HO scale, although there have been 1 gauge models with that feature. Perhaps the 1 gauge models were what you dealer was referring to?
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
Offline QQQ1970  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2019 15:29:55(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
No he was referring to H0
Offline dickinsonj  
#4 Posted : 13 April 2019 16:20:23(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post
No he was referring to H0

Interesting. I am far from a definitive Märklin expert, although there are plenty of them here on the forum. ThumpUp

I look forward to seeing what is out there. Other makers of HO locos have offered that feature, including ESU, but it is still not common. I assume that is due to the cost and to the challenges of fitting the devices into an HO loco.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline Jabez  
#5 Posted : 13 April 2019 16:44:51(UTC)
Jabez

Belgium   
Brawa and REI also offer HO locos with dynamic steam, the latter with cylinder steam also. I'd also like to see any user reviews of experience with this feature.
Jabez
I heard that lonesome whistle blow. Hank Williams
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jabez
Offline europromo  
#6 Posted : 08 March 2022 21:03:42(UTC)
europromo

United States   
I just bought a MARKLIN 39480 SNCB Class 1 Steam Locomotive, and really like it. However, after a few rounds the rear smoke generator stopped working, and now both don't work any more. Any suggestions?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by europromo
Offline bph  
#7 Posted : 09 March 2022 12:16:54(UTC)
bph

Norway   
Originally Posted by: europromo Go to Quoted Post
I just bought a MARKLIN 39480 SNCB Class 1 Steam Locomotive, and really like it. However, after a few rounds the rear smoke generator stopped working, and now both don't work any more. Any suggestions?

you can try checking that it has proper contact, otherwise it's probably broken.
if it's under warranty, get the dealer to replace it. otherwise, you have to buy a new generator and replace it.
it's part E346875 (note that it's a double smoke generator, not a "dynamic" one).
I have the locomotive and it's a nice one :), but I have not opened it yet.
Offline franciscohg  
#8 Posted : 09 March 2022 15:16:53(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Some h0 models have dynamic smoke.
New UP class 844
New BR 02
Yet to come insider BR 06
Also a diésel model wich I dont remember now
Cant remember ítem numbers right now
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Online JohnjeanB  
#9 Posted : 09 March 2022 17:11:51(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Jim
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
I am not aware of any dynamic smoke locos from Märklin in HO scale, although there havebeen 1 gauge models with that feature. Perhaps the 1 gauge models were what you dealer was referring to?
/
There are now a number of HO Märklin locos with pulsating smoke coming or already delivered
- the BR 02 39026
- the US class 800 loco 37984
- the BR06 Insider 39662

So the technology is being tested for customer acceptance.
Cheers
Jean

Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 09 March 2022 17:19:49(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: JohnjeanB Go to Quoted Post
Hi Jim
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
I am not aware of any dynamic smoke locos from Märklin in HO scale, although there havebeen 1 gauge models with that feature. Perhaps the 1 gauge models were what you dealer was referring to?
/
There are now a number of HO Märklin locos with pulsating smoke coming or already delivered
Jim wrote that almost three years ago. Times are changing.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline franciscohg  
#11 Posted : 09 March 2022 19:22:07(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Blushing
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline dickinsonj  
#12 Posted : 10 March 2022 01:31:38(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I am still watching these and now buying a couple locos. I already have the 844 and it smokes very nicely.

I also have the Class 06 Insider loco on order, which I am really looking forward to for more than just the smoke.

For me it adds a significant amount of realism compared to the fairly lame HO smoke that we all know and love. BigGrin

Hope it lasts. ThumpUp
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
bph
Offline bph  
#13 Posted : 12 March 2022 15:40:55(UTC)
bph

Norway   
it's interesting to observe that the new Br 06 insider (39662)will not have the same dynamic smoke generator as the 02 (39027).
the 06 uses part number E335382 and the 02 part E349206
they also have slightly different shapes and fastening arrangements.
In the decoder projects, they are also slightly different. Fewer aux/susi out are used in the 06, and the 06 will not have whistles smoke, (according to the decoder project).
Marklin released the decoder project for the 06 a couple of weeks ago, but they removed it shortly after. (probably because of bugs, so information might not be correct).
so sofar all locomotives from Märklin with dynamic smoke, have different part numbers on the smoke generator, so let's hope that they have good quality and will last long.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by bph
Offline dickinsonj  
#14 Posted : 12 March 2022 17:19:39(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
The variety of dynamic smoke units that Märklin is using is interesting. Maybe they are trying various types, so that we beta testers can help them figure out which are the best. BigGrin

If the shapes and fastenings are different from one model to another, our replacement options will be limited. That and the different decoder projects probably means that only the type that came in the loco from the factory will work as a replacement. Hopefully replacements will be available if they are needed, although that is a risk you take with any new tech with such limited applications.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
bph