Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jwalt2065  
#1 Posted : 11 April 2019 15:38:17(UTC)
jwalt2065

United States   
Hello forum people.

I just bought a CS3 and trying to get the hang of using it. I have been using a CS2 and moved up.
Not sure if this topic has been posted yet, but here goes.
I had 2 updates to install when I got it. One was for the main software and the other was for the GFP/TFP.
The unit is presently at HW:03.04 SW 1.4.0 (0).

When I create my 1st item (1st signal and/or 1st contact) it places the item on the layout screen (TDCB) outside the viewable area so I can't see it.
If I create another item, it may be totally viewable or partially.
If I look at the TDCB on a computer screen, I can see the items sitting outside the viewable window area (left side).
One solution I found was to create several items so they are placed inside the window and then delete the hidden items from the item list and recreate them so they are placed after the items I left on the board.
I did this before moving any of the remaining items around on the board.

Also, when I select an area from the main TDCB and copy it or move it, part of the track I selected is outside the left edge of the newly created window.
The early videos and images of using the CS3 shows a window sizing drag handle on all 4 edges of the window, but I only have handles on the top and right edge.
I have also seen videos showing the left and bottom handles missing.
Since my copied/moved track is lying outside the left edge, I have no handle to resize the window to see the rest of the track.

I had made some windows that had the track cut off and couldn't delete them because you have to remove all items from the track in order to delete the window.
I could delete the hidden signals, turnouts,etc by deleting them from the item list, but could not delete the track laying items (used to anchor track sections), so I could not delete the windows.
So now I have some (appears to be) empty windows I can't delete. The solution I had to use was to restore the CS3 to my last update point.

I have brought this issue up to the Marklin Dudes attention, but so far they haven't given me any solution to this yet. Rick knows what I am saying, so apparently he has seen this also on his CS3.

I am curious if anyone else has this issue or not so I can determine if it may be just the new units that shipped have this problem or all that are at version 1.4.0 (0) or just mine.

Thanks

John

Edited by user 12 April 2019 14:44:39(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline jwalt2065  
#2 Posted : 11 April 2019 23:50:08(UTC)
jwalt2065

United States   
I am including an image of what it is doing.
This is what I got after selecting the entire station area (from turnout to turnout) and copying it.

cs3_screenshot.jpg