Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline ParisTsirchoglou  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2019 23:42:03(UTC)
ParisTsirchoglou

Greece   
Hello All

During the past few days, I couldn't help noticing some rumors, about the possible announcement (in Marklin Summer New Items), of a SNCF Class 241 Steam Locomotive release. This would be great news for all of us who made our early orders at our local dealers for the "precious" 39241, but for various reasons, never got "our" locos. Maybe this time we will have better luck ... !!! Does anyone have more info on this? Is this a credible rumor, or just a "fouls day" (1st of April) joke ... recycled the past few days?

Kind regards

Paris
Era I and Era II German and Swiss Steamers and E-Loks. Proud owner of a Challenger (-;
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2019 02:06:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I don't know whether this was an April Fool's thing or whether it is an actual rumour. It makes sense that they would try to find additional models using the same form, so I would expect to see some model in the future. This type of locomotive was featured in the recent version of "Murder on the Orient Express", so that might make for a model that could have additional marketing advantages.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline torhb  
#3 Posted : 11 April 2019 15:09:24(UTC)
torhb

I doubt that Märklin will announce yet another 241-A this year. The BR 08 which was announced in the New Items brochure, is a DDR rebuild of a French 241-A stranded in Germany after WWII.
My guess is that we will have to wait a year or two before another 241-A is announced.

Regards

Tor
Tor Harald Bøhler
Oppegård, Norway
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by torhb
Offline kimballthurlow  
#4 Posted : 12 April 2019 02:34:11(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: ParisTsirchoglou Go to Quoted Post
Hello All

During the past few days, I couldn't help noticing some rumors, about the possible announcement (in Marklin Summer New Items), of a SNCF Class 241 Steam Locomotive release. ..
Paris

The history of these French 2-4-1 locomotives justifies the speculation. The following is sourced from Wikipedia.

The Maerklin units modelled to-date are those built by the railway companies Compagnie des chemins de fer de l'Est (l'EST) and Réseau de l'État (l'ETAT) between 1930 and 1935.
There were 90 machines altogether.
The one running in Switzerland and the one in the Mulhouse museum are the remaining engines.

The first builds were the l'EST locomotives (nominated Series 13) 241 002 to 241 041 (Compagnie des chemins de fer de l'Est).
Maerklin have made the 2-4-1 previously in 0 gauge in l'ETAT version/colours, which were an identical series to those of l'EST and built during 1930-32.
That seems to be except for minor cosmetic details, and after 1948 these became 241 A42-90.
On 1 January 1938 l'Est and l'ETAT were two of the 6 companies to merge into the SNCF.

So it is not difficult to imagine models of the era II or pre-1938 versions.

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by kimballthurlow