Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Minok  
#1 Posted : 10 March 2019 22:46:06(UTC)
Minok

United States   
The fellas at Eisenbahn u Co did a review (commercial) of the Dapol branded and amended by Modellbahn Union vs the Lux. Cool to see the comparison in suction ability.

The Dapol can also do cleaning but the discs and turnout lanterns are not compatible apparently. The OO scale car may be part of that as well as the big round cleaning disk. Still at less cost than the Lux vac it’s a nice deal. It it holds up. Other reviews indicated there were some long dusty cycle issues with the Dapol (NRWBoy18) if I recall. I’ll put that vid link in when I find it.

The Dapol being limited to R2 and larger is an issue for me. If your not using C track it may be a non issue.
And it would be nice if it came in a yellow variety to match the maintenance fleet of DB.

The issues the other user had with the Dapol over their larger layout 5 yrs ago. Scene at 19:35 into the video.

Another review of Dapol and Lux that reinforces that the Dapol has stronger suction. I’m thinking that is related in part to the size and location of the suction openings the motor design and location as well; and the suction has resulted in some Dapol suction wheels being damaged when they sick up ballast rocks which impact the blades (mentioned in some other video not linked here’s. ) note the LEDs were added buy the owner to show status and for cosmetic effects and are not part of the factory vacuums.

Summary:
It all depends on what you want. Pick up just the dust and loose hairs grass and the like the Lux is Dapol with the motor throttled down. If you want the loose ballast and sawdust and big bits then run the Dapol at Fuller speed but take care to monitor lest a debris jammed fan causes motor it decoder damage.

Edited by user 11 March 2019 06:15:47(UTC)  | Reason: Added additional video review and references.

Toys of tin and wood rule!
---
My Layout Thread on marklin-users.net: InterCity 1-3-4
My YouTube Channel:
https://youtube.com/@intercity134
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Minok