Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Karl Szilagi  
#1 Posted : 26 November 2018 14:06:45(UTC)
Karl Szilagi

United States   
Greetings to all. My name is Karl and am new to this forum. I took all of my medium sized collection out of the cartons to set it up at the science center where I work in NYC. Most of the stuff was wrapped in newspapers dated 1989. This analog collection is comprised of over 30 locomotives, about 800 sections of M Track, 60 sets of turnouts, 15 transformers as well as signals, crane, roundhouses etc. Most all of it in working condition. The layout (underway) measures 12x22 feet. I can post pictures if anyone is curious to see it. My question or questions is and are if there is a section of this forum dedicated to older Marklin stuff and in particular links to interesting electrical circuits beyond contact tracks linked to signals and turnouts. I do have a couple of 7045 units.

Thank you in advance and rest assured that despite being away from Marklin for awhile it’s firmly ingrained in me from childhood.

Karl
thanks 10 users liked this useful post by Karl Szilagi
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 26 November 2018 14:31:43(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Welcome to the forum, Karl. Feel free to share pictures of your layout and trains. That's what this forum is all about!

Many of our members run analogue layouts, so there is no need for a special section of the forum. There is also a section for collectors, but your stuff is probably too new for them! BigGrin

I look forward to your posts.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline JohnjeanB  
#3 Posted : 26 November 2018 14:46:44(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Karl

Welcome to our great forum.
Sure there is great fun ahead of you by starting again these models.
Having also some Märklin treasures I found that you must choose between "modern" Märklin (Sound, Regulated motor,..) and "historical" Märklin.

While I cherish my treasures (G800, DL800, CCS800, CEB800, SK 800, FM800) and their M Rails (or their predecessor 3600 / 3700 track). The fun is totally different and the two systems are not fully compatible and require specific layout. I made the mistake of converting some of my treasures to digital (CCS800, G800, SK800) but even if they run OK, the rattling noise does not go along the newer generation models with hi definition sound.

Enjoy anyway
Cheers

Jean
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#4 Posted : 26 November 2018 14:59:37(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Originally Posted by: Karl Szilagi Go to Quoted Post
Greetings to all. My name is Karl and am new to this forum. I took all of my medium sized collection out of the cartons to set it up at the science center where I work in NYC. Most of the stuff was wrapped in newspapers dated 1989. This analog collection is comprised of over 30 locomotives, about 800 sections of M Track, 60 sets of turnouts, 15 transformers as well as signals, crane, roundhouses etc. Most all of it in working condition. The layout (underway) measures 12x22 feet. I can post pictures if anyone is curious to see it. My question or questions is and are if there is a section of this forum dedicated to older Marklin stuff and in particular links to interesting electrical circuits beyond contact tracks linked to signals and turnouts. I do have a couple of 7045 units.

Thank you in advance and rest assured that despite being away from Marklin for awhile it’s firmly ingrained in me from childhood.

Karl

Hi Karl! I'm also in NYC and would love to see the display if its a public center/venue? Also, I'm happy to help with any electrical as needed. Feel free to send me a PM/email for contact info
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 26 November 2018 21:31:24(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi and welcome to the forum.Smile
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline hennabm  
#6 Posted : 27 November 2018 11:13:41(UTC)
hennabm

Scotland   
Hi Karl

Welcome from a fellow analogue modeller.

Would love to see some photos of your layout.

Mike
1957 - 1985 era
What's digital?
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by hennabm
Offline cookee_nz  
#7 Posted : 08 March 2020 06:22:22(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
There is our Collectors Corner but that tends to be more targeted at vintage analogue. Typically pre-1960's. 👍 Welcome
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline Martti Mäntylä  
#8 Posted : 08 March 2020 22:06:38(UTC)
Martti Mäntylä

Finland   
Welcome to the forum also on my behalf!

There is a lot of interesting things one can do with universal relays. I have posted about a couple of examples.
- Martti M.
Era III analog & digital (Rocrail, CAN Digital Bahn, Gleisbox/MS2, K83/K84), C & M tracks, some Spur 1