Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Drongo  
#1 Posted : 21 November 2018 10:13:40(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Hi Everyone,

Suddenly both my CS2 and CS3 do not have any power output - is there some safety output overload protection and if so, how do I turn it back on?

Regards

Greg
Take it easy . . . . or any other way you can get it !!!!
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 21 November 2018 10:33:13(UTC)
Goofy

Can you check if there is power feed to the CS2/CS3?
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline Drongo  
#3 Posted : 21 November 2018 22:39:15(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
There is power into the CS's as they both boot up.
Offline blid  
#4 Posted : 22 November 2018 11:38:02(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Create a programming track with a few good track sections and a car or bumper with lights. Unplug everything and plug in the programming track in the CSx. One at a time. Any power from any of them?
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline JohnjeanB  
#5 Posted : 22 November 2018 12:55:41(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Greg

If both your CS2 and CS3 boot-up correctly, it seems improbable they died simultaneously.
So it is likely a connection issue between your CS2 or CS3 with the track.

Of course each of these power outputs must be isolated from the other one (at least the "B" signal when using a late CS2 model).
It seems the latest s/w version starts with the power output disabled (unlike previous versions) so power up by pushing on the stop bar. Sorry to mention this but it may happen to the best of us BigGrin

Blid's suggestion is excellent. You must have a test track (totally insulated from the main track)

Cheers

Jean
Offline blid  
#6 Posted : 22 November 2018 19:17:22(UTC)
blid

Sweden   
Now I realize that I wrote programming track. I should have written test track since it is intended for all four track power outputs (one at a time).
You didn't say what the screen with the info on power voltage, amp. and temp. said. If you didn't check it before, do so now when you do the test.
OneGauge Marklin and MTH, ESU ECoS 2.1 on LGB tracks. MTH 3-rail 0-gauge, DCS on GarGraves tracks. Z: Rokuhan tracks, analog or DCC+TC Gold.
Offline Drongo  
#7 Posted : 23 November 2018 04:38:03(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks fellas for the help.

I've powered up both the CS2 and the CS3 independently and I've found that the CS2 doesn't have any power output, but the CS3+ does have power output. So at this stage I'll leave the CS2 out of the picture and work with the CS3+ and the boosters.

Now for the questions on connections.

1. Can I use the 60125 terminal with the CS3+ and if so exactly which socket does the terminal plug into ?

2. Can I use the 60174 boosters with the CS3+ and what do I need to do to activate them on the CS3+ ?

Once I have this setup correctly, then I continue with further questions. BigGrin

BTW I've searched the Marklin books on CS3+ but the setup connections are not very clear - do the Marklin engineers think that the end users are engineers or am I the only person who doesn't understand the "simple" setting up of the CS3+ with boosters ?

Regards
Greg
Offline siroljuk  
#8 Posted : 23 November 2018 07:58:36(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
1. Can I use the 60125 terminal with the CS3 and if so exactly which socket does the terminal plug into ?

2. Can I use the 60174 boosters with the CS3 and what do I need to do to activate them on the CS3 ?

Hello Greg.
You can use terminal 60125 with CS3Plus and also booster, Both terminal and booster can be the new ones or old ones.

Booster can be connected direct to CS3Plus to the socket which has the same numbers of connections as boosters cable.
Terminal must connect to CS3Plus to the socket which have same number of connection as its cable.

You can connect also booster to terminals socket.

Booster have cable with seven(7) connections, this cable can be connected to CS3Plus/CS2 or to terminal.
Terminal have cable with nine(9) connections this can be connected only to CS3Plus/CS2, in the terminal there is one(1) socket to which you can connect another terminal and to this another terminal . . and so on.

'If you look at CS3Plus from behind: from left to right

plugin slot for a chip card, and Slot for SD-memory card (max 32 GB), speaker/headphone con., network RJ55, Three UBS, first one is only charging, after these:
Märklin CAN-bus (9)- conductor) Connection for Märklin Devices (7-conductor), Märklin CAN-Bus input(6-conductor),
and finally Programming track connection, Main Track connection, Switched mode power pack connection and rightmost Plug-in slot for chip card.

Be careful with different cable,s every cable ( original) has been made so that you cannot connect them to wrong socket.

Regards

Jukka
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by siroljuk
H0
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 23 November 2018 09:10:45(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: siroljuk Go to Quoted Post
Terminal must connect to CS3Plus to the socket which have same number of connection as its cable.
Yep, it really is that simple.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Drongo  
#10 Posted : 23 November 2018 10:39:11(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Thanks Jukka for the information.

I hace the plug from the 60125 terminal connected to the 9 pin socket on the back of the CS3+. I have a booster connected to the 60125 terminal and a seperate power pack to the booster, however, the "on" on the booster does not light up. Do I need to do anything on the CS3+ to connect the booster, or does the CS3+ automatically connect the booster ?
Offline siroljuk  
#11 Posted : 23 November 2018 11:22:29(UTC)
siroljuk

Finland   
Originally Posted by: Drongo Go to Quoted Post
I hace the plug from the 60125 terminal connected to the 9 pin socket on the back of the CS3 . I have a booster connected to the 60125 terminal and a seperate power pack to the booster, however, the "on" on the booster does not light up. Do I need to do anything on the CS3 to connect the booster, or does the CS3 automatically connect the booster ?

Hello.
In my environment (layout) the red light on the booster light up when the connection is Ok. So Yes red light should be "on".

You do have to configure right power pack to boosters system settings, nothing else.

You can see right connected and powered booster in the CS3 system settings and there is also possible to configure power pack you want to use.

Jukka
Offline Drongo  
#12 Posted : 25 November 2018 00:20:27(UTC)
Drongo

Australia   
Update :

I used another booster and now it works. The other booster is faulty - back to Marklin for repairs, but this is nothing unusual. I have at least one item per month returned for repairs under warranty. In other thread I've complained about the poor quality of Marklin's products, especially their electronic components. Trying to get Marklin's senior management to realise that buying and using cheap inferior electronic components is bad for business, is like trying to tell the brick wall. Cursing Cursing Cursing Cursing
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Drongo